SYA 2.94% 3.3¢ sayona mining limited

General Discussion Topics, page-103500

1. 921 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2227
    I am only going off the amounts that Sayona itself has specified actually. They have stated they will look to ship and sell 30k tonnes twice per quarter in the second half of calendar year 2023 commencing in July (so 4 x 30kt shipments from July to Dec this year).

Sayona are aiming to be fully ramped with production by October, and have already been producing since March building up a stockpile to supplement the production in the second half so they can meet a total shipped amount of 120kt during that 6 month period.

In terms of the $ numbers I actually did elaborate on this point exactly around a week ago, I've posted that in below as it's easier - bear in mind exchange rates have changed since this post obviously so AUD numbers are a little different:

I am simply using the shipment tonnages Sayona have stated and the $ numbers for SC5.4 from PLS who actually only produce an average of SC5.3 (so am being a little conservative there). Overall I think aprox $85m USD per 30kt shipment is quite realistic, obviously if you wanted to play it more conservatively you could reduce that number by say 10-20% for your own numbers.

Either way it's looking good, I hope that helps explain my numbers. Here is a screenshot of another post just before the imbedded one which shows the numbers I have used from PLS' most recent quarterly. These are the actual prices lithium producers are getting for their product, the spot prices are a very good tool for scaremongering etc but these contract figures are the real deal and are sold in much greater tonnage obviously.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5349/5349570-1899498c25e54d89abd7d2f117734cb3.jpg

I do like your numbers but I am going on what the company itself have stated. I hope that helps explain my reasoning and calculations.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.