SYA 0.00% 3.1¢ sayona mining limited

It's very easy to think about collusion here...I do it all the...

1. 844 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 188
    It's very easy to think about collusion here...I do it all the time. Objectively though, you could also argue that the size of the CR was selected to counter the short interest.

The theory (just one of them):

SYA tried shaking the shorts but with not much luck. Tried a resource upgrade, didn't work. Tried the one-two punch of ann Friday Close followed up with ann Monday Open, didn't work.

So if we couldn't produce a short "squeeze", how about a short "FREEZE"?

Like, it's pretty obvious that whoever put up the walls to contain the SP at 19.5c for a few weeks before the CR, and now containing the SP at 18c in between CR tranches, is acting on behalf of SYA.

So while the SP is frozen, nobody can make any money, long or short. While LTH just merely have to be patient, the shorts have to pay interest on their borrowed shares that are currently going nowhere. So maybe the strategy is to bore them out of here...which seems to be working.

So sure, we didn't get a short squeeze to satisfy our blood lust, but we have got an extended time to top up before things get crazy. So it's a double gift. Almost genius, if true.

Oh look, today is my pay day...lucky the SP hasn't gone anywhere before now

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $319.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.1¢ 3.2¢ 3.0¢ $387.9K 12.53M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
132 32722260 3.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.1¢ 816559 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.