SYA 5.26% 3.6¢ sayona mining limited

General Discussion Topics, page-107916

1. 1,832 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9480
    @VstarE

Well, we always seem to be waiting, don't we?

I did not attend the EGM, but dialled in and caught most of it on the mobile.

It would have been great to be there in person and see the reaction of the team when the resolutions were presented. It didn't seem too positive from all accounts.

As some have stated, they didn't look too comfortable when resolution 1 or 2 were read out.
    Maybe a bit of a hail Mary under the circumstances.

It has been a touchy point on the forum over the last few weeks, and I find the timing quite interesting.
    There are valid arguments for and against and I can definitely see both sides of the coin.

I have purposely stayed out of the debate on this issue and stayed quiet during this volatile period.
    No doubt the forum would label me a sell out or a Judas if I sided with Brett and the board.

The thing is when you do converse directly with Brett, or listen to him speak in person, it shifts your view.
    You tend to shift your focus, believe in the destination and look at the bigger picture, just as he does. Some here who visited the EGM, have come to the same conclusion.

Is there still issues, red flags and unanswered questions??? Of course there is.
    The PLL offtake, a 3 year carbonate plant build and days out from shipping and we still don't know where SYAQ's share of spod is headed....just to name a few.

The tangible however, far outweigh the intangible.

1. Paul Crawford's retirement!wink.png
    2. $200M+ in the bank
    3. No debt
    4. Strong local job creation
    5. Largest hardrock resource in Nth America
    6. Evolving Tier 1 worldwide deposit at Moblan
    7. One of the biggest prospective lithium/PGE/Gold?copper/REE land holdings in Canada
    8. Further prospective land in WA
    9. A producing mine and concentrator that was completed on time and will most probably be at nameplate before October, with prospective future expansion both for the resource and production circuit. NAL will also become the first vertically integrated operation in Nth America with carbonate production by mid 2026, possibly earlier.
    10. Strong relationships with the Quebec and Canadian governments. In my view funding is a given, it seems to be our rotation which should come as early as this back half of 2023
    11. Strong local engagement and involvement
    12. Further ties to Amoss and Resolute's old papermill refurbishment to accelerate further downstream refining plans
    13. 38000 tonne sc5.5 already produced
    14. Maiden shipment of spodumene possibly this week, from the Port of Quebec ad/or Trois Rivieres.
    15. First revenue earned, from PLL offtake and spot market/auction/tender possibly this week
    16. Spodumene spot pricing currently US$3555 and looks to be bottoming again. It will bounce around a little, but there has been strong EV sales which have not affected the supply chain yet and will filter through to impact on the forecast structural deficit.

It seems there are further delays with the offtake, which I presume they may have wanted concluded and announced before the EGM.
    To finally present the Marlin and then ask for bonus shares would have been the timing I think they were aiming for.
    Post CR, SP in the toilet, and then asking for a bonus is quite ambitious and a little optimistic.
    And although the resolutions passed, the message was heard loud and clear...no constitution change and the bonus' barely got through...very close indeed.
    It does actually quite clearly demonstrate the power that retail has in the Sayona universe. It is a vote that does hold weight, can overturn a resolution and highlights to the board that the voice of the retail investor needs to be heeded, heard and respected.
    Retail cannot be taken for granted.

Perhaps, as Split has mentioned, the tie up is with LG/ Stellantis, and the whole funding battle that played out with the Ontario and Canadian Governments causing delays, is the explanation behind our stalled offtake. The timing seems to line up, particularly when the delay is taken into consideration.

We do know, that final negotiations are close to a resolution, and it is most probably a complicated, multi faceted/JV/funding arrangement. It may still take a while, or it may drop tomorrow....
    (As a sidenote, I just missed a 17.5 buy today, which will probably fill tomorrow. When this happens, the SP usually runs North and I kick myself for the next 2 weeks....)

I, like many know we are undervalued.
    The fundamentals and valuation for current assets and operation is way above our current market cap. We are probably only valued on at NAL's bricks and mortar value at the moment...and maybe the PLL offtake revenue.

In the eyes of the market, we have become stale, off the boil and stuck in this perpetual sub 20 c loop.

The poor timing of CR's, poor comms/marketing and lack of newsflow certainly helped the darker forces of the ASX control our SP.
    They have certainly worked their magic and frustrated the hell out of many investors. Frustrated them into selling....but I feel even they are getting tired of the charade. Lacklustre days, weak hands long gone, no spark, no drive, no one buying.......very low volume affects their ability to make money.
    This is usually when things happen, when they change it up a bit.
    Our volume today was a paltry 20M....
    Looks like even the manipulators are running out of patience....

The TA did look hopeful, with a possible end to this groundhog day scenario playing out within the next 2 weeks, but we all know the TA is not to be trusted, as the normal buy and sell forces of the ASX don't apply here, for now anyway.

So, I would like to tell you all to be patient and patience will be rewarded, etc...etc...but you have heard it all before.
    It is a tough gig to be a holder of this stock...so much promise...such strong fundamentals yet nothing seems to happen?

Personally, I feel the second half of 2023 will be worth the wait.
    My patience and faith has been tested.
    I have come this far, and I would never forgive myself if I dropped the ball on eve of our first shipment...at the 11th hour.

They say the night is always darkest before the dawn.....and it seems very, very dark at the moment.
    However, with the new dawn will come a new day.
    And Ladies and gentleman, this day, this new day, is the day we ship our maiden product and the day we begin to generate revenue, and I am definitely sticking around for that.

Good luck everyone...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.6¢
Change
-0.002(5.26%)
Mkt cap ! $370.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.7¢ 3.7¢ 3.5¢ $2.158M 59.44M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 2625000 3.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.7¢ 5881377 21
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.