SYA 0.00% 3.5¢ sayona mining limited

The Amos paper mill was owned by Resolute Forest Products who...

1. 148 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 151
    The Amos paper mill was owned by Resolute Forest Products who themselves were bought over by Paper Excellence.

Before the sale and according to the 2022 financial reports, Amos was had an accelerated depreciation value of $12mil with $5mil in Severance and Idle costs. So they expensed out this asset in that financial year as $17mil.

Given that Paper Excellence purchased Resolute for $2.7billion, they will see Amos as a higher value for an individual asset as they carve out and sell off non income generating (idle) assets to recoup their initial purchase outlay. My guess is that they bought the whole business cheap and would want at least a 50% - 60% return by selling off individual assets so maybe between $25mil to $27mil might be the value of Amos.

This is in line with the most recent sale of Thunder Bay mill, the last remaining asset from Resolute to Atlas Holdings for $220mil a couple of months ago. According to Ibis World return on assets for an operational paper mills are around 8-9 times so that would make the Thunderbay site worth $24mil to $27.5mil similar to Amos.

Seems like this might be the value for a paper mill site in Canada... could be worth more depending on the operational state of any of the machines and equipment on site. Just my guess...

Anyway, enough excitement on HC for the day. Need to save some energy to cheer on the Matilda's for their opening match tonight.

Good luck to all shareholders!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $360.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.4¢ 3.5¢ 3.4¢ $1.607M 46.41M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
23 4668541 3.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.5¢ 2167024 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.