SYA 2.94% 3.5¢ sayona mining limited

A lot of people blaming shorters, but I'd say shorters are...

1. 502 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 188
    A lot of people blaming shorters, but I'd say shorters are only playing a secondary role here. I first bought in at 5.6c and then averaged up to 9.4c so I'm still in the green, but many are not.

There is still a considerable amount of unknowns and the BOD haven't done anything to address or even update. People are getting sick of being left in the dark and are selling to divert funds elsewhere for a potentially quicker return. This then scares the Mum and Dad investors, stop losses get triggered and down we go.

- We don't know how profitable NAL is, if at all (need to at least next two quarterlies)

- We don't know any plans about blending Authier with NAL or any progress on this front.

- We know NAL is going to get more expensive to mine once they mine the upper layers, so we need nearby tenements to blend and offset those costs.

- We don't know how the Carbonate plant at NAL will be funded. Will we be making enough profits to pay for it, or will there be another CR?

- We don't know how Moblan will be advanced/funded.

- We don't know how advanced offtake (OT) talks are, if they are advanced at all.

- Drilling was conducted at Authier, must be 2 years ago now? We heard nothing, so assume that was a duster.

- Nothing about Tansim or our other tenements.

- People are questioning whether BOD is capable of running this show and wondering if they can be trusted.

- The OT deal with PLL is still cloudy, they've never been upfront with how much goes to JV and how much goes to PLL during ramp up. We thought 50/50, but is this going to be the case?

- We don't know how much our recent shipment sold for, who bought it, where it went, how much shipment cost, what profits were made (if any)

- There's been no word at all from BOD, no updates, nothing. Brett told Loui they need to do better with communication, but it appears Brett was just telling us what we wanted to hear rather than having any intention of following through.

- There is still that stench of Altura floating around.

- There is still the stench that NAL previously failed

- Is there a smell of a takeover?

The only silver lining here is that we dropped to 11c before and then took off into the 30s. Lithium was the hot commodity then, however, whereas this time Lithium is falling out of favour. Plus, we were all convinced that things would improve markedly when we produced (yet here we are). We need macro conditions to improve and some bloody updates. The longer this drags on, the larger the rabbit that will need to be brought out of the hat to get this show rolling again.

So no, I don't think we can blame this on shorters. The only consolation is that Management are now down on their options, so maybe that'll be the kick up the backside they need to sort communication as now it's them losing money, not just us.

Let's hope that history can be repeated and this is the last big tree shake before things get moving again. How low we get before the tide turns is anyone's guess
    Last edited by DMen: 08/08/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.5¢
Change
0.001(2.94%)
Mkt cap ! $360.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.4¢ 3.5¢ 3.4¢ $541.2K 15.74M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
53 9263496 3.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.5¢ 7363594 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.