SYA 7.14% 2.6¢ sayona mining limited

General Discussion Topics, page-114216

1. 12,830 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15645
    Yeah . When I saw that I laughed pretty hard. For TWO reasons.

ONE , any proper investor would realize that putting 40% into selected stocks for the upside while placing 50% short the ENTIRE market just because you think there is another ' inspired ' GFC would be better than putting 90% of your firm's entire invested capital at risk should obviously be a helluva lot better move. So he or the media , or both are NOT telling you the whole truth here , and are only focusing on sensationalizing his previous claims. So no more than a robin hood or reddit inspired type move ...., or even half told truth coming from a short report

......And TWO , investors who capitalized on the ' Shock & Awe ' and fallout from the GFC in selected rising stocks or indices would have reaped significantly more gains those who benefited from the fall itself . Some by having cash available for NEW entries or just those who had the patience to see that it was just another market anomaly which ' time ' resolved.

So by having your entire portfolio stuck in ' shorts ' waiting for an event which perhaps has at least 40 - 50% chance it never happens as predicted is just as bad as buying the wrong stock at the wrong price at the wrong time.

If you wanted a THIRD reason it would be that the drop from peak to bottom in 2007 - 2008 was only 52.98% ....and you've got that happening in individual stocks right now all by themselves. Doesn't mean that those same stocks are potentially going to fall another 50 plus percent just because the overall market tanks. And while the DOW gave up this plus 50% over a year and a half , it then gained almost 89% in the next 2 years after that bottom ......and then a further 137% to the highs of just before the COVID correction where I personally made a shite tonne on GOLD and precious metals.

So there are ALWAYS counter intuitive plays happening to the broader trend in the background. And I'd rather be the Guy who has done the research in finding those ' Quick Bounce ' rebound growth stories in the event of a market shock than even the Guy who's standing stationery waiting .....and waiting , for a event which may or may not even happen until the DOW is well and truly past 40,000 points and even considers it.

But that's just me. And what I find it even more funny is when Posters like 666 try and paint ALL investors who are bullish on an individual stock at being ' COVID Investors ' because if we just take say Qantas as a single stock example of a share price and valuation almost ' defying ' gravity in virtually ALL situations.

Even in the face of higher fuel cost and fears of recession as well as during and at the tail end and emerging from COVID - You clearly have a stock that knows how to control its costs , has had free range on raising prices on account of pent up demand , has virtual Government support and continued protection anytime it finds itself in trouble , and has first market mover advantages from the goodwill of its brand but also a virtual Monopoly in its main domestic region of operation.

And obviously I am not saying that Sayona is anywhere near the protected species of Qantas because we don't actually know how Quebec would respond if Sayona were to find itself in financial trouble.

But clearly if we had taken up borrowings at the same time or instead of the 18 cent back to back capital raises , we would already be in breach of our debt covenants and facing the same issues as Altura.

My guess is that Quebec would be more than happy for the emerging behemoth of a combined Allkem / Livent to swoop in and mop up a struggling NAL and Sayona Quebec. Perhaps even a RIO. In fact by all accounts by their actions on preferred status of Nemaska , I almost reckon they would invite that scenario.

One thing is for sure though and either way , I won't be losing any sleep and will still be making money elsewhere no matter what happens with Sayona Mining.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.6¢
Change
-0.002(7.14%)
Mkt cap ! $267.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.8¢ 2.8¢ 2.6¢ $286.5K 10.70M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
25 7497011 2.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.7¢ 5105482 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.