SYA 2.94% 3.3¢ sayona mining limited

General Discussion Topics, page-118021

1. 5,222 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5275
    My take, FWIW: the stock isn’t undervalued. It’s probably still overvalued at almost $1.1B market cap. CEO/MD has resigned suddenly and seemingly liquidated his holding, board are doing a strategic review (possibly reducing production guidance as alluded to in the last announcement) and to top it off, the spod. price is coming off hard. I suspect too many people are still anchored to the 20-30c days and therefore think that 10c make Sayona look ‘cheap’ (perhaps not taking into enough consideration how the register has ballooned following recent raises). With such a retail-heavy register, some of whom are prone to irrational bouts of exuberance and despair, it’s hard to pick the short term SP direction, but… I suspect it will probably drift until the board can provide some clarity on:

1) updated production guidance;
    2) clarity on sales price received;
    3) outcomes from their strategic review.

Not a popular opinion I know, but then none of my opinions of Sayona on here have been particularly popular, and unpopular /= wrong.

PS: Don’t blame the shorters; they only turned up because the stock was overvalued and overhyped, and when they were able to borrow stock from forced buyers post index entry. It’s always convenient to blame an apparently evil third party but it usually misses the point of why a company’s market cap is where it is.
    Last edited by mondyinvest: 11/09/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.3¢
Change
-0.001(2.94%)
Mkt cap ! $339.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.5¢ 3.5¢ 3.3¢ $1.174M 34.93M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
21 1901251 3.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.4¢ 5629468 15
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.