SYA 3.13% 3.1¢ sayona mining limited

Yes Mega its been something I've been banging on about for a...

1. 13,526 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4614
    Yes Mega its been something I've been banging on about for a while, all the benefits that Hydroxide based NMC batteries had, especially in North America which was range and cold weather performance have now been matched by Carbonate based LFP batteries, which are not only proving safer, cheaper , longer lasting an enabled to be charge to 100% without battery longevity issues but also don't require Nickel of Cobalt...its a no brainer untill something better comes along. The fact Carbonate sells at a higher price than Hydroxide says a lot.

The main issue for LPF batteries is the latest technology is almost exclusively in the hands of the two biggest battery makers , CATL and BYD which are both Chinese and as such present issues for the IRA credits.

Tesla and Ford are trying to get them made in the US under license with JVs but that is facing some headwinds, there are others trying including Korean battery makers. There would be no trouble finding buyers for our Carbonate in North America by 2026/27 IMO, that's almost a lifetime in the fast moving world of battery technology.

Ironically I believe the technology originated in Canada...:-)

Right now it's a volotile time in the Lithium space and a good time to have a fully paid for concentrator in operation with a half completed refinery in the same building, be cashed up and debt free while the price of concentrate is struggling to find a bottom.

It's a pity to see the forum continue board bashing when in fact they have got us into production and a financially sound position to cope very challenging time and are in the process of restructuring anyway while the the team In Quebec deal with the revenue generator.

Cheers Whisky

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.1¢
Change
-0.001(3.13%)
Mkt cap ! $319.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.2¢ 3.3¢ 3.0¢ $1.702M 55.11M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 850534 3.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.2¢ 5159807 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.