SYA 3.03% 3.4¢ sayona mining limited

So many possible scenarios here hey. My thoughts:1. Piedmont are...

1. 921 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2227
    So many possible scenarios here hey. My thoughts:

1. Piedmont are in real need of cash quickly because they either are in serious trouble, or another opportunity has arisen for them, so either way they have sold quickly and may even have helped pump the price this last week through various means to get a better price or have lent shares out to short and called them back.
    (Neutral to positive ish impact on SYA SP depending on nature of buyer)

2. There is a major new partnership with Sayona and/or Piedmont and they are restructuring so the new partner can take an equity stake in Sayona etc. Rumour of this triggered by that article that was adjusted last week seems more than a little coincidental combined with the short covering.
    (Highly positive impact on SYA SP)

3. NAL is in trouble, the review is not looking good and Piedmont are pulling out now dumping their equity in SYA before news of this breaks it's value would drop.
    (Highly negative impact on SYA SP)

4. Sayona are looking to raise capital for strategic purposes which Piedmont might not agree with and would dilute their holding and they cannot currently afford to buy more on an offer so have chosen to divest and sell.
    (Negative if a coming raise but positive if strategic in nature)

That's my very basic take on where we're standing right now. Either way I can't see this as anything but big and have no idea how this could go or what is in store for us.

Don't totally love how the SP has pumped then DFS dropped and then this, slight alarm bells, type of behaviour occurred before capital raises before so I hope I'm wrong about it being #3 or 4... However the short covering slightly dissuades me from this assumption.

Only way it's not major news for Sayona is if it is just that Piedmont are in serious trouble and need the cash immediately, but then that would likely be good news for Sayona SP as if Piedmont did go under the offtake would be gone. However with the $60m from the sale in the bank they would then be less likely to go under...

Hmmm. Whatever transpires here though, what a week, far out.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.4¢
Change
0.001(3.03%)
Mkt cap ! $349.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.3¢ 3.4¢ 3.3¢ $212.5K 6.353M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
68 9689496 3.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.4¢ 12409635 23
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.