SYA 6.90% 3.1¢ sayona mining limited

General Discussion Topics, page-136

1. 4,429 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8622
    There has been a lot of talk lately about how to optimize the supply chain. One of the most common routes thus far has been

1. Mine spodumene in Australia
    2. Send spod to China to a converter to make hydroxide
    3 ship hydroxide to cathode manufacture to build cathodes
    4. ship cathodes to cell manufacture
    5 ship batteries cells to car manufactures

These shipments are expensive, some of the costs involve tariffs, and all require tons of documentation and insurance on top of the actual shipping cost. Also there is just a lot of lost time in the process a typical mine to cell process could have 25 days (or more) of time on a ship / truck / train.

What quebec is attempting, is to do all of this in country, so as to not waste money and time transporting product from place to place. One of the issues that I have been paying close attention to from this standpoint has been creating cathodes. Cathodes are almost always done in China or S. Korea. So without a way to build cathodes in Quebec the whole value proposition sort of falls apart.

Recently Nano One has signed a joint agreement with an unknown partner, they only will specify that they are not in China. My guess is the "Secret" Partner will pop up in the next few weeks (maybe even announced on Battery Day).

My Brother and I were reviewing the video and my brother commented. "He (Dan Blondal) does not have much of a poker face, he looks like he has just been dealt quad ACES". I agree!!

This all starts putting into place the pieces that will make the Nemaska and NAL hubs hum. I'd say some pretty anxious / excited times are coming for Sayona.

GLTA on August 31!!

do not advertise external links/companies/news/926428/nano-one-materials-make-transformative-move-by-signing-a-joint-agreement-926428.html
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2376/2376282-3a8f80b9be166487a2ddf6d079de0577.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.