SYA 8.33% 2.6¢ sayona mining limited

every new tech needs to reach economies of scale for the price...

1. 3,363 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 282
    every new tech needs to reach economies of scale for the price to be acceptable to those other than early adopters.

as we are now seeing new players on the market the prices are starting come down, suitable for entry level models such that if you look at the total cost of ownership for an EV over a 10 year period it is comparable with an ICE and as the technology improves the existing questions around battery replacement and disposal etc will have been answered.

the interest that I have for players like Tesla who are largely standalone EV manufacturers, unlike Volvo and Hyundai who have other income streams, is will Tesla be able to compete on cost with these entry level models, or will they need to start building true entry level models or will they retreat to the high spec segment.

Personally, I'd rather buy a Kia / Hyundai EV over a Tesla - not just because I think Musk is a crackpot but because they are a mature vehicle producers who have the QA process and production lines in place and their global footprint means better after sales support.

but I do think EV's are here to stay and will be a significant part of the new car market, not sure how that will translate to the 2nd hand market though.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.6¢
Change
0.002(8.33%)
Mkt cap ! $267.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.4¢ 2.7¢ 2.4¢ $740.3K 28.81M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 542341 2.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.7¢ 10804757 20
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.