SYA 5.26% 3.6¢ sayona mining limited

General Discussion Topics, page-140758

1. 3,206 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1328
    What I would like to do is discuss things as they currently relate to china and how they affect SYA right now. I am in absolute agreement with you that lepidolite extraction and African DSO crap exist only to dilute western spod input and the price of spod by extension, because otherwise those two inferior sources give chinese refiners a lot of headaches. Basically price undercutting warfare where you bleed but hope the competitor outbleeds you.

I consider china flat out an enemy. They are a belligerent, period. They have engaged in sabotage, espionage, and cyberterrorism. They are basically engaged in a full-blown cold war against the West, especially the US.

So if my thesis is correct, we will not see a meaningful spod price correction until western refineries start coming online and start sucking quality concentrate away. What I am hoping is that a western refinery, once it comes online, will pay a premium for IRA spod (but what I fear is that they will, out of greed, try to peg to prevailing chinese pricing).

This, I think, is the only lifeline that SYA has and I am hoping that SYA has the wherewithal to last that long. Hopefully through to the end of 2025. There is a lot riding on this quarterly. It pretty much is a make or break quarterly IMO.

As usual my thesis is always evolving and subject to change.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.6¢
Change
-0.002(5.26%)
Mkt cap ! $370.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.7¢ 3.7¢ 3.5¢ $2.158M 59.44M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 2625000 3.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.7¢ 5881377 21
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.