SYA 3.03% 3.4¢ sayona mining limited

Timing, looks to be the question here, and probably where we...

1. 1,843 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9551
    Timing, looks to be the question here, and probably where we differ the most.
    Our current position, for the here and now, is perfectly acceptable under the circumstances, and presents a very valid argument.
    The figures I provided, which of course are open to interpretation, validation and correction, as a refiner of carbonate, have us making a profit at current carbonate spot of $US11000, as opposed to currently making a loss.
    Or,possibly breaking even if we can get it opex down to the 700 figure that has been thrown around.
    Last quarter it was roughly Us$1100, so we are a fair way off for the moment, but hopefully see improvement in the next quarterly.
    And that 150/t transport figure is killing us. AU$100million per year for NALs output!!! Thats extreme in anyones book...
    PLS in comparison pay 1/3 of that at AU$90/t or US$50/t, and possibly even less now.
    I guess the point I was attempting to make, was to consider the carbonate plant on its own merits and metrics, excluding capex...as it was already a fully functional, modern efficient plant, and ready to go...
    Then compare it's economics to what we are currently producing.
    You are a proponent of going downstream at NAL, there wouldn't be many here who are not.
    The sticking point is the timing and money.
    We seem to have the concentrate side sorted in all aspects... the sorting, crushing and flotation circuits and have winter proofed the operation to continue a consistent feed whether in summer of the colder months.
    In my opinion, the timing now seems opportune to begin thinking about funding the carbonate plant.
    Nothing has been mentioned to date.
    And I am not saying to start spending tens of millions, but to start lobbying the US and Canadian governments and the Quebec government...even the Australian government and push the refining gap narrative, before refineries start coming online in North America...
    I would like to think that someone in our employ, is pushing this angle and has already begun this process.
    To use our first mover advantage that we still have....before its too late, because this argument will not remain valid forever.
    What if we could build it for little to no outlay?
    What if Quebec fund the plant?
    What if Federal funding and offtake partner money eventuate?
    Some big ifs, I know, but not out of the realms of possibility, knowing some of the funding that has already been allocated.
    So the question still stands, excluding capex, would you then, shift your conclusion to let's build it ASAP?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.4¢
Change
0.001(3.03%)
Mkt cap ! $349.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.3¢ 3.5¢ 3.3¢ $1.368M 40.39M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
44 13154629 3.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.4¢ 636953 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.