SYA 3.23% 3.0¢ sayona mining limited

General Discussion Topics, page-141932

1. 3,091 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1168
    My local:

https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/lithium-crash-to-cost-300-jobs-at-miner-in-wa-20240801-p5jydf.html

So, the decision to ramp up. Can the board please answer. Was it a wise decision.
    Part of the grounds for ramping up would be an anticipated rise in Spot prices.

Historically spod has followed chemical pricing due to the nature of it simply being a step in the process of conversion.

So with Albemarle anticipating lower for longer per the below. I continue to bag the drum of where our board got their anticipated rise in lithium prices forecast from. C&M was now looking like the better option in the best interest of preservation of capital. We then would have all the potential of a ramp up on a rebounding price at some point in the future.

Looks likely that unless costs are cut significantly this next QTR and we see somewhat of a lithium turn around over the next 2-3 months that SYA wont be around in 6 months time. Or if so it will be at a 1c price tag under consolidation and dilution.. Rational logic of asset value aside. If you dont have cashflow during these times you dont have the ability to operate a mine or reap the benefits of that asset.

“The decision was entirely due to market conditions and the commercial realities that lithium prices will stay lower for longer,” an Albemarle Australia spokesman said.
    Last edited by Kevo88: Today, 14:18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.0¢
Change
-0.001(3.23%)
Mkt cap ! $308.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.0¢ 3.1¢ 3.0¢ $626.2K 20.53M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 17263 3.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.9¢ 128228 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 02/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.