SYA 3.85% 2.5¢ sayona mining limited

IMO this is best oppty to renegotiate the lop-sided offtake with...

1. 334 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 292
    IMO this is best oppty to renegotiate the lop-sided offtake with Piedmont. If Piedmont refuse to nego, then go into C&M, equal pain for both. Sayona cannot be the only party for continuing to operate at losses.

For the record, before the management-can-do-no-wrong crew tries to rubbish my point. I fully understand that when the offtake was signed, sayona is desperate to have piedmont support to win the nal bid. What I cannot let go is the lousy deal making ability of the management team including brett lynch, james brown and allan buckler.
    1. Why did they commit to life of mine 20 years or more. That's a big commitment to any company making such long offtake, with a lousy exit clause (downstream) that is so easy to bypass.
    2. Why did they cap it to usd$900 per ton? Are they so short sighted that they don't know the long term average price of spod?
    3. Why did they not include inflation-adjusted mechanism? Usd$900 in year 2020 is different from Usd$900 in year 2040... Any decent executives will know that. I've done deals in my business and we always include inflation adjustment mechanism for such long term contracts.
    4. Why aren't they able to forsee that Piedmont will find excuses to not go downstream? It's not hard to be able to see that b4 the offtake was signed.

For that, I expect the new+old management to realise/regret that painful mistakes (they don't have to openly admit it). Most importantly, do something about it. Get tough with Keith and renegotiate for a win-win proposition and be real partners.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.5¢
Change
-0.001(3.85%)
Mkt cap ! $257.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.6¢ 2.7¢ 2.4¢ $628.0K 24.67M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
37 6637622 2.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.5¢ 2128940 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.