SYA 6.90% 3.1¢ sayona mining limited

@GT3loui So impromptu meaning no prearranged agenda (which has...

1. 11,037 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3700
    @GT3loui So impromptu meaning no prearranged agenda (which has its own upside/downside).

For me, your key statement was
    "It felt a little positive, but it hinges heavily on a lithium price recovery."
    and I'll have to channel a little bit of Kevo here ... was it ABs (or DEs) input that made you feel a little positive or are you still positive and the meeting reinforced that? ... Its the whole confirmation bias thing. Was the "positive" linked to something AB/DE said or could point to wrt (market) price recovery?

And more specifically .... the price received by Sayona Quebec ... because as you have pointed out and one hopes it is apparent to all shareholders who bother with comparisons, why is the price so low. And again more specifically, why is Sayona Mining reporting pricing the way it is doing (what I'm getting at here is there is one price for PLL cargo ... which also includes shipping cost to PoQ and then there is a another price for ex-PLL cargo which has significantly higher freight, insurance and VAT ...) ... I really would like to know what is the spodumene price they are getting and then the costs (separating PLL cargo).

Me ... I'm still positive ... and what the lithium "journey" has reinforced (and for me that started a long time ago with Canada Lithium) is that lithium MINING is a commodity business where supply dominates pricing because of how new supply comes onto the market and lithium REFINING is dominated by supply chain factors and market expansion (% growth story ...EVs, size of battery, chemistry, new markets (e.g. ESS) etc.).

I'm always cautious when mining CEOs talk about end user demand and not where there product is consumed (i.e. spodumene does not go into a battery). Higher prices will take a lot of the pain away and replace it with other pain (just go back to $5,000/t spodumene and the anger at how much PLL would make for its 25% equity share of the business due to the OTA).

Net net ... figuring SYQ financials is really opaque because you have to deal with what SYA is reporting. A little easier with what PLL is reporting as obviously their costs are pretty easy to read (as it all comes from 1 place) but the sales price isn't.

Just glad I'm diversified (although now1 less this week with PLS picking up LRS). Hope it all works out well for your concentrated position in SYA.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.