SYA 4.00% 2.4¢ sayona mining limited

General Discussion Topics, page-143232

1. 1,855 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9698
    Of course there's no absolutes @GOTAM, merely speculation.

Even at 646, it is not a lock we will be booted out, but we will find out tomorrow...

We stuck around in the ASX200 for months after our MC drifted passed 300, and then 400...

It has to do with our position by MC, as well as our float or tradeable shared on issue, of which we have a huge amount....more than most, and is averaged over the rebalance period.

So S&P global work their black magic and determine who is out and who is in.

Some brokers even rate it......we are rated at POSSIBLE at the moment...

I reckon we will be out, which means most super funds cannot buy us, and ASX 300 index funds will dump us, which both involve big institutions who lend shares for shorting.

As I said, it will take a while to churn through, however we should see a steady decline in shorts.

But will that help?

Probably not we continually drop to new 52 week lows, and the lithium prices is certainly not supportive.

The brokers and the and the market have probably worked out that there is more pain to come for us and most in the sector.

The chasm between realised price and opex/ exploration/ capex and group general costs/admin, are just an expanse too far to bridge.

Our costs are simply too high to be offset by our revenues, and it certainly does not take an accounting wizz to work that out.

Our COH is probably around 80M now, with 30M slated for exploration due to the FTS liability.
    No Troilus shares to sell, the Acuity ATM is basically unusable at these levels and is very misleading on the balance sheet....
    We also had 31M tranch2 of the 200M CR go into the coffers on July 20 2023.

I don't give a lot of analysts credit, but I know even these imbeciles can see it.

So, 2.4c now, with the unthinkable of sub 2c in reach for the shorters who have hung around.

2 more quarters of this and we are either in C&M, or a share consolidation with a CR straight after it.

We need a fresh perspective here, just pumping out tonnes of spod at a loss is untenable and no longer a strategy we can continue with.

I am not sure what the perfect answer is, and I don't think anyone in the sector does.

IMHO, a pivot of some sort is required.
    Strict fiscal management is required.
    Head count matters...

And if Dow is to succeed here and lead us out of this shite storm, he needs to cull the legacy members of the board, and move forward with a fresh, diverse and multi disciplined team...the old guard needs to go...there's a million with bonuses saved right there....and the operation wouldn't skip a beat.

I pray that he brings us something new, something fresh....something smart.
    Because If he continues down this path, the slow death will continue and he will prove he's no better than the guys he was brought in to succeed.

God luck everyone...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.4¢
Change
-0.001(4.00%)
Mkt cap ! $247.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.5¢ 2.5¢ 2.4¢ $665.5K 27.65M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 978814 2.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.5¢ 5787563 25
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.