SYA 6.90% 3.1¢ sayona mining limited

General Discussion Topics, page-144059

1. 13,519 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4611
    I think the aspiration to be a refiner finished at the same time that Brett Lynch departed the scene.

That won't be far off the mark Mega , it's when the change of emphasis at MOBLAN went to being a supplier of spod and the same looks likely to happen at NAL. Just a recognition of living within your means and concentrating on your strengths.

It gets a bit complicated at NAL as at the start of refining all the spod requirements get priority and SYA asumes ownership of 75% of the refined product but if someone like POSCO built the refinery they would want ownership of the refined product with the JV supplying the Spod IMO.
    That situation would require a change in the existing OTA with PLL.

One thing is for sure the quickest way to proceed with a refinery is with an existing mine thats already permitted , producing and better still with existing refining infrastructure in place and less permitting required.

A Refinery has never been off the table IMO the main change is who's going to fund it or build it and timelines as a result of prevaling circumstances. Neither of the JV partners are in a position to do it either financially or technically.

As with all Partnerships of OTA's the devil is in the detail.

Cheers Whisky

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.