SYA 3.85% 2.5¢ sayona mining limited

General Discussion Topics, page-16207

1. 4,418 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8414
    Sometimes I actually forget how far this thread has come and how educated we as a group have become, I remember asking some of these same questions. Without some extra knowledge google does not help much. So here are a few tips to use when you are googling for answers.

1. add some additional words that will help google understand what you mean.
    Instead of seaching for DFS, search for "lithium mining DFS" Or use the company name "Sayona DFS".
    2. When you get a website with the appropriate answer, it will likely have additional terms that are a bit unclear, google those in the same way.
    3. when all else fails be sure to ask, most here don't mind educating you, we are stronger as a group from it.

In this case the official definition has been provided, but from an investor standpoint a DFS signals the last big hurdle prior to financing and production. You may hear the term PFS as well or Pre Feasibility Study, this takes place prior to the DFS and uses a lot of assumptions, it helps investors know what could be, where as the DFS lets you know what is proven.

I think you may have been reading the post that was talking about mines that have not even completed a DFS but have a higher valuation than Sayoona, so what was really being said was "Those mines don't even really know for sure what they have" and yet they have a higher market cap than someone who does know and has proven it.

In general you can pretty easily say if a mine has not completed its DFS they will not be in production for at least 3 more years.

Welcome to the group and happy googling.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.5¢
Change
-0.001(3.85%)
Mkt cap ! $257.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.6¢ 2.7¢ 2.4¢ $628.0K 24.67M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
37 6637622 2.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.5¢ 2128940 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.