SYA 0.00% 3.4¢ sayona mining limited

General Discussion Topics, page-16293

1. 12,830 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15644
    Glad you raised this issue again actually. As I had something pre-prepared just for the occasion.

And something for you all to have a good think about before Monday Mornings pre-market opening.

So YES the By-product differential over valuations was originally brought up by myself when there were those who were bemused as to why Sayona's market valuation should be all that less than or different to that of Piedmont's. So it was I who mentioned the by-products in their DFS at that time....and which was obviously a valid point as well.

Split then brought up the ' trace ' elements of rubidium which was highlighted in some ' nearology ' results from Jourdan Resources. Of course since this was raised , there had been no material increase or recognition of this by the market based on Jourdan's share price perforrmence. And one would reckon that the market would have already got this correct and responded in this instance - that is to say if it had actually ' proven up ' tonnages of rubidium ....which of course would be used in various instances for defense purposes.

And of course even if these minerals were sought after urgently in significant quantities , any corporate activities or negotiations surrounding these finds would most likely be of the highest ' in confidence ' sensitivities if not highly classified and therefore would probably find that any value recognition for these rare earths would be more sublime and almost guised in amongst other numbers not normally discernible by ordinary investors.

So I' had been sitting back waiting for this conversation to gain traction and gain ' legs ' by being raised again , and so was a bit surprised that Split let it go so easy when in reality he was actually skirting around the edge of something perhaps much larger in terms of how it relates to by-products ......and more specifically Piedmont's by-product figures.

And this is where it really gets interesting folks - So here is what we know so far. We know that Piedmont is producing high quality Feldspar , Quartz , and mica by-products in fairly large tonnages as per attached tables. We also know that they will be revising and updating their DFS in September this year. In addition to all this in respects to their byproducts , we know that they have engaged as marketing partners - BOTH ION Carbon & Minerals as well as Pronto Minerals for principally the sales , marketing and distribution of the many end product applications including fine glass , solar panel specialized glass , paints and coatings , welding rods , composite ceramics as well as cosmetics to name most of them.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3469/3469943-488c7bf45e77c012a7c1e1d76245d254.jpg
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3469/3469946-9f12c23ea154632d1ce01acf456a0179.jpg

We also know that they have procured the technology from Metso Outotec who is also a ' Finish Company ' ....based in Finland.

And this is where it gets a little interesting for me. Because we also know that the Geology never mind the Chemistry is fairly complex when we start talking of the potential byproducts being ' processed ' out of the various flow sheets. So with respects to the ' Type ' of Feldspar and Type and composition of the Piedmont deposit - ALL we currently know about it is that their by-product ' molecular ' composition if that it comprises BOTH Albite Feldspar as well as K-spar Feldspar ....and then of course the micas from there.

Now I am of course not a Geologist - However from what I have previously read in this area when researching Piedmonts verses others is that Albite Feldspars are in fact in the ' Alkali ' classification and generally rich in Potassium ( hence ' K ' ) and will also include the Rubidium Feldspars Rubicline in this category of Alkali Feldspars as well. But Rubidium element can also be found in the K-spar Feldspars depending on how and where they meet with the formation of the Albite igneous intrusions of Feldspar and are usually found in the grained boundaries of the Alkali and Lepidolites and I guess micas. They are also responsible in contributing to the ' Pinkish ' hue you will see in some feldspars as well as more specifically in the Quartz's as well. So it's almost considered somewhat of a ' Gem '

In any event , it is evidently all to do with the heat and pressure initially from the ' Volcanic Magma ' and the cooling and subsequent hydrolous diffusion and permeation of the minerals over long periods of geophysical time.

But what I find even more interesting from here and apart from ALL this Geology ' mumbo jumbo ' ( no disrespect to Geologists or Chemists ) is that when you look into it more , you find there is principally only one other Pegmatite Field / Feldspar Deposit with these very similar characteristics and distributions - and that is that of the Luolamäki pegmatite found in Somero Finland. And where is Outotec from ?.....sneaky.pngThat's right, Finland....... smile.png

So could it be that given the location of Piedmonts deposits .....ie being in the US of A , that perhaps these potential findings of rare earths used for more ' Military or Defense ' purposes either a )haven't yet been processed out of the flow sheet and so can't be disclosed , b ) they don't exist , or c ) they exist and they just don't want to ' Chemically ' disclosed them because their DFS is not complete and / or it is more confidential than they would otherwise wish to mention or allude to....or been told to.

Or perhaps the market has already had this inkling and this is why their Market Cap has also been ' fueled ' higher than perhaps the more straight forward or generally accepted and understood economics would have otherwise been translated.

Of course you can read up and surmise all you want with respect to these theories , with the main one being to never give up on a theory or pursuing your research just because someone says it is not likely.

Because it may very well be relevant elsewhere ....as is the case here with the Rubidium which may or may not be hidden in the Chemistry Extraction of the underlying ' Tonnages ' of Piedmont's more Generally described ' Types ' of Feldspar ( and which they seem to have BOTH ) .

So it is quite feasible that in this instance and given the t' High Security ' nature of some of these rare earths , that Companies domiciled in the US would not even be at liberty to tell us what we should probably already know.......sneaky.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $349.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 497058 4.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.9¢ 18 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.06am 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.