SYA 8.57% 3.8¢ sayona mining limited

General Discussion Topics, page-198

1. 12,830 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15644
    Yes the GM deal for 11% of Nikola was huge.......Both for EV 's and Tech all the way around. I posted this piece yesterday on a another forum ....so while BOTH GM and Nikola are down today , the longer term earnings accretion is outstanding for GM and their ' New ' EV purpose built and designed truck plant.......biggrin.png

Tech is NOT dead folk's , and it's NOT expensive , it's just ' changing ' ......and taking on different forms.

I say this because a perfect analysis or symmetry would be that on the one hand you have Tesla which has run hard and was off 21 % simply because it misses out on the inclusion in a group of companies being added to the S&P 500 .....but yet on the other hand you have General Motors paying US $2 Billion for an 11% stake in US electric truck manufacturer Nikola who's shares ' rocketed ' 40.8% and pushing it's Market Capitalization to US $18.97 Billion !!

So classic scenario where ' Traditional ' Business .....converges with ' Future ' business . So with GM up 7.9% to a Market Capitalization of US $46.34 Billion off the back of what amounts to an equivalent US$3.39 Billion re-rate or movement in it's SP against an opposite increase in value of US$6.14 Billion in the ' underlying ' business of Nikola. Not a bad return for GM's US$2 Billion if you consider the possibilities that they in fact paid the $2 Billion at the ' Base ' price was US$41.43 per Nikola share.

So that means that around half the gain or 50% of the increase in Nikola's shares to US$50.05 ....which 11% is equal to roughly the US $2Billion paid by GM , has increased increased by approximately $600 million for GM on the Nikola end of the deal ......and a further $3.39 Billion reflected in the gains made through the rising GM share price.

So that's virtually US $4Billion created in value off the original $2 Billion outlaid .....or 100% gain just to start. Now that's what I call ' leverage ' and a really good bit of forward thinking financial engineering

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.8¢
Change
0.003(8.57%)
Mkt cap ! $391.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.6¢ 3.9¢ 3.6¢ $2.282M 61.09M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
62 8227954 3.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.8¢ 1431220 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.