SYA 17.4% 2.7¢ sayona mining limited

General Discussion Topics, page-26161

1. 12,830 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15645
    Trying to visualize the requirement . It's about 1/ 50th the size of the entire Authier or NAL tenements block. So I guess could you visualize whether a full blown Hydroxide conversion facility would require the space in size of only 2% of the parcel of land that the mine sits and infrastructure takes up. When you say it that way , it actually seems small. But I guess if you are putting on a Graphite processing and 2 possible Lithium Hydroxide trains of production .....and ALL mostly undercover what would that look like.

And it's a fair point as well Split . Now while I couldn't specifically site any straight up apples to apples comparison for Hydroxide Plant site usages , I did see that Nemaska's previous site at Shawinigan Quebec which they purchased off I believe Resolute Forest for C$2 million back in 2015 after Resolute decided to closed their Laurentide paper mill which had been operating there for some 126 years. Previous to Shawinigan and back in 2014 , they ( Nemaska ) were looking at building the plant at Salaberry-de-Valleyfield ......so things obviously can change fast when your Plant designs, logistics , and requirements as well as your BOD and ownership structure changes.

And that particular site which came with various existing buildings and other ready to go infrastructure including gas and rail access as indicated in a filing by Nemaska per the below extract. Note that they specifically also mention the proximity to their Whabouchi mine as being one of the reasons......sneaky.png

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3669/3669451-9ad69a42ed025e3ce3a8455d3046b4c3.jpg

Anyway , short of finding any specific comparable dimensions to the old Laurentide paper mill site ( which there are other pictures available as well as on Nemaska's old filings ) , the only one in which I could make a quick cross reference to was the pic below .

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3669/3669452-604b85335f36013a94709e0b905d3c8b.jpg

So the sign obviously says for Deliveries are to be referred to the Administration Building or at P1P and to please follow the signs by the avenue which 1 , 2 kilometres in the signed direction.

So if you then assume that the Site Block is around 2 kilometres x say roughly 300 metres deep or so , the site would be thereabouts to the same size you're mentioning at Becancour with the Shawinigan site being around 600,000 square meters. Drop it down to 200 metres deep and its back to the same size parcel of land. However being a 126 year old Paper Mill site , I would think it would be at least the same size if not bigger that the one now chosen at Becancour. So it appears to be much the much ......except for the price tag I would imagine as it's now what 6 years on with Property prices going up and up just like they have been in Australia. Not sure about commercial , but definitely would be a higher priced move from back in 2015.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.7¢
Change
0.004(17.4%)
Mkt cap ! $277.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.2¢ 2.7¢ 2.2¢ $1.380M 55.63M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 950660 2.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.7¢ 4484315 19
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.