SYA 3.03% 3.4¢ sayona mining limited

General Discussion Topics, page-28288

1. 1,173 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 71
    This is what I can gather about the current situation both from me listening to the ABC Finance segments, from the Financial Review and other sources

- Inflation concerns both globally and in Australia are affecting our stock market ATM "Treasury Secretary and RBA board member Steven Kennedy said that if supply-side price shocks persisted, global central banks would probably bring forward interest rate rises in 2022".

- Global concern within economists, central banks relating to Covid supply chain disruption delaying imports/exports of goods, affecting the supply of consumables. But, more importantly, the supply of materials to the housing construction industry sector which is buoyant in Australia. Of particular note is that within building contracts financial penalties are included to protect both builder and client in the event of delays in construction completion. Delays in obtaining a COC (certificate of occupancy) add to loan holding costs.

- Globally and in Australia businesses and companies are affected by China relations and countries are finding alternatives of supply outside of China

- Increase costs in crude oil/ petrol prices of 10% in the last fortnight, putting pressure on transport costs (land and sea) for businesses, who then pass these costs on to consumers

- Talk from the RBA of interest rate increases occurring earlier in 2022 following recent high inflation figures in NZ

- SCOMO appears to not be considering the mining/materials sector as a future solution, and in his prepared presentation for the Glascow Summit last night on the ABC, SCOMO has stated his plan to reduce emissions is through "Carbon Capture" and primarily via Technology-based strategies within Australia. I am pretty confident I know what these technologies might be. But I have been banned by SB to use the words, despite the Federal Government's approach to Carbon reduction at the summit being relevant to investor decisions no matter what shares we hold.

- I think the market is waiting on the outcome of the presentation Australia is putting forward at the summit, and there is an overall lack of faith in our Federal Government's global emission reduction policies.

- There was an overnight loss in global commodities

I am sure there is a lot more to the sea of red yesterday and today that other posters have a perspective on.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.4¢
Change
0.001(3.03%)
Mkt cap ! $349.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.3¢ 3.5¢ 3.3¢ $1.368M 40.39M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
44 13154629 3.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.4¢ 636953 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.