SYA 3.03% 3.4¢ sayona mining limited

1. 12,830 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15644
    I too am of the opinion and have already spoken earlier as to why a ' demerger ' would be a waste of time for Sayona

However , we had already owned the GOLD mineral rights on most of the Pilbara tenements from the outset with obviously the lithium interest being the primary focus over the years and the GOLD being a fair way less mature at this point in time.

Therefore why should Sayona shareholders pay potentially more for a relatively ' immature ' and smallish ' in specie ' spin out for something which could be worth a lot more when potentially proven up over time.

And just look at the GOLD land holdings of someone like KAI with over 800 thousand onces JORC'd , and only worth just over $50 million.

So at worst we would probably only fetch what DEG paid for its Indee gold tenements package which started in Feb 2017 and was completed for a total amount of $15 million in Aug 2019 , and in which during that time DEG proved up an equivalent to 1.7 million ounces on the ground. Fair enough it went from the 4 ish cent level to around 83 cents by Aug 2019..... but 1.7 million ounces is a lot of resource and a lot of drilling expense which we haven't even started yet. And if I remember , the Indee tenements came already with a JORC of around 300 thousand odd ounces. ( Happy to be corrected on that point )

So yeah , we are far better off holding onto it until we have more of a definitive idea of what we have. It's a bonus really because we won't get much for it the way it is at present. And if you want further proof other that the comparison to KAI , just look at the deal value behind RDN's TWO ' Hemi ' nearology tenements.

So for me it's a NO and a bad idea. At the moment anyway.

Companies that are doing ' Demergers ' with Lithium and other minerals are mainly in order to capture the ' undervalued ' component of their Lithium and not the other way around. And you would argue that Sayona at over a $ Billion valuation does not seem to have had that problem .......up until now at least.....with having its Lithium Assets ' Undervalued ' .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.4¢
Change
0.001(3.03%)
Mkt cap ! $349.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.3¢ 3.5¢ 3.3¢ $1.368M 40.39M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
44 13154629 3.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.4¢ 636953 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.