SYA 0.00% 3.9¢ sayona mining limited

General Discussion Topics, page-383

1. 8,005 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 829
    Whilst I am not necessarily a supporter of communism, one thing clearly is to their advantage and that being that their political vision timeframe is not confined to the 3-4 year period enabling decisions to be made that stick. China's economic aspirations are both self made and aided by the very countries that are now in an economic trade war against them - Lets use China to build mega/giga factories etc - there being plenty of opportunity to use cheaper labour and with a massive manpower and often at the expense of local jobs.

Look at also the fact whilst it is really expensive, time consuming and with lots of disincentives as in eg: rail build infrastructure in the US, by contrast China has an integrated HS rail network crisscrossing their land thus allowing cheap travel between major centres thus also allowing for decentralization and still pushing for EV's - hence trains do not replace cars nor air travel - just provide a platform for alternative transport that is both fast and relatively inexpensive.

Australia's rail network system by contrast is poor at best - gosh there were 3 different gauge tracks used in 3 different states in earlier times - very sensible - not. Despite all the wealth of this country there is not one, no, not one HS train service anywhere within the country. Resource rich but rail infrastructure poor. In fact, just like in the US, a lot of rail tracks have been either abandoned or pulled up altogether in favour of vehicular travel with a fuzzy skewed cost analysis.

For the life of me I cannot see how it would be cheaper to use 30+ semitrailers whether single or double in preference to 30-60 rail carriages to move goods - particularly where tracks are already laid and have been utilized. Just recently a rail line transporting goods has been railroded in preference for 'cheaper' road transport - I don't know who did the numbers to justify such a decision, but I do suspect that numbers used did not include all the damage that semis do in different areas to our road system as that cost responsibility is pushed on to either local or state or even federal government departments (plus more possibility of carnage on the roads).

Perhaps the above is irrelevant to SYA but the perhaps not. Whilst not being fully conversant with Canadian transport systems, it would appear that any rail infrastructure purposefully built would benefit an area long term by transporting goods, workers as well as anyone wishing to use an alternative form of transport for recreation purposes. In addition, building such networks provide initial and ongoing jobs and once in usage, would allow a degree of decongestion from the ever choking so called motorways/highways/freeways. Common sense has never been a prerequisite in politics. AIMHO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $401.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.9¢ 3.9¢ 3.8¢ $1.590M 40.96M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
67 16049470 3.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.9¢ 1047260 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
3.9¢
  Change
0.000 ( 3.77 %)
Open High Low Volume
3.9¢ 4.0¢ 3.8¢ 24266959
Last updated 15.59pm 29/03/2024 ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.