SYA 12.9% 3.5¢ sayona mining limited

General Discussion Topics, page-41946

1. 12,830 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15645
    There was a post from someone not that long ago ( which I never answered ) . It was a direct question to me as to Why I had change my Sayona market sentiment from a ' None - Held ' ...to a ' BUY - Held ' . Well ......now you know.......wink.png And I don't usually do things like that for ZERO reasons.

There's bee much talk about the Hangover of the LOM 50% spodumene off-take with Piedmont. However it has been my thoughts for sometime that we shouldn't be focusing on so much the HALF that we have apparently SOLD .....but the other HALF where we can pick and choose Who , What , Where , and How much we negotiate to sell that HALF to. And i say this because most of the budding lithium suppliers with longer production horizons than us have sold forward most of the projected supply whereas as Lynch stated ...he was in ' No Rush ' to do this.

So worth more to Sayona for NOT having pursued this strategy than to have mirrored everyone else in locking in every bit of Spod we currently are know to have.

Plus you have the clear fact that the JORC ball is completely bouncing all over the place in the ' Upwards ' direction so Moblan and local ' collaborative ' partners may in fact come on stream in some way sooner than expected. But at the same time you wouldn't want ot be projecting out and doing deals on something which you can't quite get a handle on whether its going to in fact DOUBLE in the short term ......or TRIPLE. So best wait and see in my opinion as to how much and who else might be joining you with your overall strategies of the Northern Hub.

And there was also some banter about regarding the fact that Piedmont was or wasn't invited ....or more over was ' encouraged ' not to participate in the Moblan transaction. And this is obviously debatable depending on how you want to look at it. Fact is though is that Moblan is one of the TOP 4 Quebec Lithium projects , showings , and jurisdictions. So why wouldn't they want to participate. I note that they haven't gone after their own Quebec alternative spodumene source from anywhere's else either. So in much the same way as they had done in Ghana , they could have easily eyed off someone like Jourdan , Musk , Vision or even Durango Resources. But they haven't.

So you have to ask yourself Why NOT.......what.png Why haven't Piedmont gone after more resources like everyone else in Quebec and Australia have been doing.

One reasons would be that they would be in Direct conflict with their Senior lithium Spodumene supplier who has the ONLY operating plant at the present moment. I mean how would that look if Piedmont were to acquire Jourdan .....and NOT Sayona. How would it look from Quebec's point of view as well. What with all the anti-trust , National Interest and foreign ownership scrutiny becoming more and more evident in every move on their ( Quebec's ) resources. Not to mention the additional regulatory hurdles and potential delays when Sayona is better suited with its Quebec Partners to navigate these requirements.

It's also an election year in Quebec ( to be held on or before 3rd October 2022 )......so this brings added political pressures that Quebec doesn't necessarily need in so far as bringing Piedmont's troubles to the forefront.

So I don't think Quebec want's the additional environmental scrutiny that Piedmont is experiencing down South of the border when it has it's own voting constituent members to convince on its own projects. The Quebec presse would just grab every opportunity if Piedmont was the entity at the coalface of trying to get projects up when they have their own difficulties on their Flagship project in North Carolina .

Anyway just a few thoughts for the open discussion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.5¢
Change
0.004(12.9%)
Mkt cap ! $360.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.3¢ 3.6¢ 3.2¢ $2.131M 62.72M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
22 4754875 3.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.5¢ 3389527 14
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.