SYA 2.86% 3.4¢ sayona mining limited

And that's another issue. Now I'm not comparing SYA to...

1. 502 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 188
    And that's another issue. Now I'm not comparing SYA to this other stock and I'm not naming this other stock, but I made the mistake of investing (thankfully) a small amount of money in stock XXX as it was full of promises and the future was bright.

Then the comedy of errors. They missed their promised production start date and not one word as to why. Nothing, not even a whisper. This dragged on for months. They then ship one load and then shut down the mine as the price of the commodity got smashed. They actually lost money on the shipment as shipping costs were too high (wouldn't you think to actually explore shipping costs beforehand??). This, continued with still not a word of explanation from Management, no forward thinking, no contingency plans and no idea of what they were doing. End result? SP dropped from circa of 15c down to 4c and no announcement can save them as market has lost all confidence in them being able to realise the huge potential and get things out of the ground.

Now SYA is far more advanced that XXX and Lithium demand isn't going anywhere so it's not going to happen to SYA, at least nowhere near the same levels, but it's just an example of what can happen when the market loses faith - they remember being burnt and rarely return to said stock.

Whilst our future is bright, SYA need to recognise the importance of appeasing shareholders with updates and getting their books right. They could probably take a leaf out of another micro stock I'm invested in which had a continual flow of updates explaining any delays - the market kept the faith as they were being regularly informed. Delays are fine and expected, but communication as to why is key.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.4¢
Change
-0.001(2.86%)
Mkt cap ! $349.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.5¢ 3.6¢ 3.4¢ $1.045M 30.10M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
37 6626644 3.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.5¢ 4433680 15
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.