SYA 3.03% 3.4¢ sayona mining limited

General Discussion Topics, page-55162

1. 699 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 234
    https://www.lapresse.ca/affaires/portfolio/2022-05-30/industrie-miniere/sayona-a-la-veille-du-decollage.php
    from today ( La Presse )
    translation:
    According to Mr. Laliberté, Sayona, owned by Australian Sayona Mining, holds some 100 million tonnes of measured and indicated lithium resources in Quebec. This places the group's Quebec subsidiaries at the top of the North American pyramid.If all goes according to plan, the company could soon be operating the only lithium concentrator in North America and, eventually, engage in high value-added secondary processing.By acquiring the La Corne site in Abitibi-Témiscamingue in 2021, the company acquired a lithium mine (temporarily shut down since 2019), as well as a lithium concentrator that still lacks certain components to be operational. Sayona plans to invest close to $75 million in the short term so that everything will be up and running within a year or so. The site would have a capacity of 180,000 tons of lithium concentrate.Lithium carbonate is used in the batteries of entry-level electric cars, but mostly in small electronic or energy storage devices. More powerful electric cars use lithium hydroxide instead.A carbonate or hydroxide production plant could cost between $100 million and $300 million, according to Guy Laliberté. If the financing is there, if the demand for lithium remains and if everyone agrees, such a project could see the light of day in 2025-2026, believes the entrepreneur.The delicate subject of partnersFinding the right partners will be a game-changer for the future, says Lalibertz, who says he is in contact with a dozen potential clients, ranging from battery manufacturers to carmakers.Last week, Guy Laliberté was in South Korea to meet with potential partners. He prefers not to mention the names of his Asian hosts. "All I can tell you is that there are several companies looking to secure their supplies," notes the CEO.In addition to La Corne, located between Val-d'Or and Amos, Sayona has a few other mining sites in Quebec. The most advanced project is Authier. Located 30 km from Amos on the territory of the Abitibiwinni Nation, this future open pit lithium mine is awaiting a favorable decision from the Ministry of the Environment. This could also include a review and hearings by the BAPE.Another promising site is Moblan in James Bay. The site, which is the subject of significant exploration activity, has a potential of about 10 million tonnes of lithium, according to Guy Laliberté. A feasibility study to install a concentrator is also on the agenda.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.4¢
Change
0.001(3.03%)
Mkt cap ! $349.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.3¢ 3.4¢ 3.3¢ $212.5K 6.353M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
68 9689496 3.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.4¢ 12409635 23
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.