SYA 8.33% 2.6¢ sayona mining limited

General Discussion Topics, page-56369

1. 12,830 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15644
    Ha ha ha ......That's actually funny that people think that the SP ought to fall just on the back of the RBA's decision to raise the cash rate 50 basis points to .85 of a percent when the Reserve Bank of Canada already moved on the 1st June with the same amount to 1.5% cash rate .....with the Bank rate to 1.75%....and their Deposit rate also at 1.5%

So it really is funny when the media here is touting it as ' The Supersized increase that NOBODY saw coming ' .....LOL....biggrin.png Like give me a break

So on the 1st of June ( OUR TIME ) , the SP shot up as high as 21.5 cents after settling on the close at 18.0 and the Capital Raising pricing.

And then on the 2nd of June when their ( the Canadian Reserve Bank ) announces their increase which is equivalent in Australian Dollar terms to a point 54 % increase and a Cash Rate of 1.63% ....when ours is only HALF that ......what.png

Totally makes me laugh. Like if your an investor who chipped into the Cap Raise at 18.0 cents , don't you think your're gonna get a return of 8 or 10% at least PLUS the cost of money at say $Canadian Dollar 2% rate. So I doubt anyone over there is concerned all that much. Their economy is growing at around 3.1% ( normal ) .....but with their Economy operating currently in a current situation of ' excess demand ' .....again Normal i would have thought given whats going on in Europe which is contributing as well as the effects on the economy POST Covid as well as adjusting to Covid. So the worry obviously for Canadian's as well is that the ' Inflationary ' effects of all these drivers becomes more ' entrenched ' .....which I doubt it will when everything washes through and Companies make their corresponding adjustments etc.....

So apart from all this - effectively we could still BORROW in Australian Dollars Terms at HALF the cost as we could otherwise borrow in Canadian Dollar terms - And yet our collection of Mining Stock Share Prices initial response to all this is to respond poorly following this announcement that nobody was suppose to know about.....rolleyes.png

What I would say is that if it is good enough for the Canadian's ( which I assume have no problems whatsoever investing in Sayona ) , then it should still be O.K for us Aussie's.....

Especially given that it is the Canadian Government who has made and included ALL these investment ' sweeteners' for Investors looking to tip into the Exploration and Supply Chain development of minerals associated with the EV battery and electrification of transport industries

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.6¢
Change
0.002(8.33%)
Mkt cap ! $267.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.5¢ 2.7¢ 2.5¢ $1.316M 50.97M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 2045173 2.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.7¢ 10890743 33
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.