SYA 0.00% 2.8¢ sayona mining limited

General Discussion Topics, page-64259

1. 18 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    The undisputable fact is the US economy receded again, no matter how much the powers that be will try to redefine the word 'recession' for political gain. The relative impact of this recession can certainly be debated due to its atypical nature, ie low unemployment, but it is nonetheless a 'recession' as the term is widely understood.

Since the market is forward looking I expect this negative GDP growth was already well factored in and comes as no surprise to most. Reporting season has not been as catastrophic as some were predicting, so I am optimistic about GDP growth trajectory in the medium term.

In short, it's a recession, but it doesn't really matter, onwards and upwards.

I will say it's difficult to find faith in the Biden administration not to F things up on the global stage, potentially providing room for further geopolitical conflict which would disrupt markets again.
    The failure of the Afghanistan withdrawal alongside incoherent domestic energy policy which moved the US away from being a net energy exporter showed both military weakness and gave Putin energy leverage to make moves into Ukraine. Not to mention Biden greenlighting Russia's finishing of the Nordstream 2 pipeline which Zelensky also admits paved the way for Putin, and concurrently kneecapping themselves further by selling off their strategic petroleum reserves stockpiled in case of war.

If I was China, I’d be observing these consecutive strategic failures and thinking there'll never be a better time to bring Taiwan back into the fold. If that happens the west could lose access to 93% of microchips which are in EVERYTHING from cars to phones to appliances. And so GDP goes off a cliff and the markets will dive.

I'm no fan of the orange man on a personal level - womaniser, ego, abrasive etc. but when I see videos of him 2 years ago telling European leaders not to rely so heavily on Russian oil or it will end badly, you can't deny he could see stuff coming.And that's all i really want from my politicians. They're not our moral superiors, or heroes to look up to in awe, and to solve the personal problems of individuals. I just want them to see threats coming from a long way off and take some action. Not pave the way for Putin to invade and then spend 6 months blaming 'Putins price hike' for their own failed domestic energy policy. I suspect most Americans would go for some cheap gas and a mean tweet over what they have now...

Doom and gloom aside, bullish on Sayona in the long term and heavily invested here. Faith a little shaken due to the last few months. Ticks nearly every box for me (location, future supply deficit, timeline) and has derisked greatly since my pre-NAL buys. I will say I am becoming LESS satisfied with management rather than MORE satisfied over time, (missed timelines, errors in releases) but I'm willing to overlook this somewhat due to the SP growth they achieved since NAL bid, and that's all i really care about in the end. Hopefully Brett and the team are on track and working hard, certainly wishing them and all holders success

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $288.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 325910 3.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.3¢ 7372 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 09.56am 06/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.