SYA 16.1% 3.6¢ sayona mining limited

General Discussion Topics, page-64837

1. 1,864 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9737
    Guys, I think if NAL was a clean sheet design, it would probably be able to be staged and built as scalable.

As it is an existing concentration and refining facility, its is limited in what you can do.

I have a fair idea of the concentartion facility, but am not privy to the refining setup.

The only one here who has seen it is Split, and I am not sure even he could determine its scalability.

So, I think NAL's fate, as to its refining capacity is set.

Designed for 20kt Carbonate, I think without completely scrapping it and starting again, we wouldn't easily,
    cheaply and quickly, be able to scale it to say 50kt and beyond.

However, in my opinion, around 30kt is not out of the realms of possibility, using the existing infrastructure and upgrading where necessary.....just as they have with the concentrator.
    As a matter of fact, they have openly stated, on numerous occasions, 30kt LCA is what they are aiming for, even if they decide to
    partially convert some to LiOH.

Now the Northern hub is a totally different proposition.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4558/4558363-42652682c9f46a024364784d16932961.jpg
    Northern Hub-
    Brand new, clean sheet design.....
    If you had a wish list of what you wanted in a mine, concentrator and refinery, and had the market and money
    to do it, what you build?
    Well-
    A low wastage/strip ratio, high concentration, environmentally friendly, well serviced mine....hydro power, water, infrastructure.....check
    A staged, scalable, green SC6 concentration facility...200/300/400/500 kt capacities.....
    A staged, scalable green LiOH refinery, ICS technology.......30/40/50/60 kt capacity
    (To be quoting 200kt sc6/25kt LCE is not forward thinking enough in my book.
    And I think the feedback they would be getting from possible offtakers, is to be relevant, they want LiOH, and lots of it )

SC6 concentration will probably be onsite, however, the jury is out, whether they refine SC6 to LiOH onsite or elsewhere.
    They have mentioned Becancour on a couple of occasions, Saguenay and Abitibi, as possible refinery sites.

Furthermore, they may partner up here and get into bed with a fellow producer, a cathode manufacturer,
    or even an EV manufacturer.
    As a betting man, it will probably be Becancour, and a Soquem/ Inventissement Quebec associated producer,
    where I would put my money.

What i have surmised, is 220/226lt SC6 production at NAL is a given.
    Planning, designing and aiming for 30kt LCE production at NAL, is well underway and will be upon us before we are all expecting,
    probably pre 2025.
    And if they can stick to their timeline, possibly before June 2024, only 12-15 months after SC6 production.

But as for scaling up NAL, sC6 and LCE, without ripping the plant to pieces, starting again and blowing the timeline, it
    will not happen.
    30kt LCE will probably be the limit, with what can be upgraded from what is already installed.

And it is interesting that 30kt LCE, is what Sayona have been quoting, particularly when we know that they have already been
    planning this from 2021 and aiming to begin permitting NOW.

So, as I have previously stated, SC6 production is now a given.

The team is pushing toward the next hurdle, which is becoming a world relevant, vertically integrated lithium refiner.

The PLL offtake to me is irrelevant, knowing that they are clearly aiming to be a major refiner,
    in actually quite a short timeframe......pre Q2 2024.

When you consider-
    THE PRODUCTION FACILITIES we already have,
    THE PERMITTING we already have,
    THE JURISDICTION we are in
    THE CASH we have with no debt
    Hydro power, water, infrastructure, ongoing lithium market defiicit, government support, experienced local personnel....etc....etc.....

THE SUCCESSFUL PURCHASE OF NAL, MAY HAVE BEEN THE COMPANY MAKER,
    BUT BECOMING A RELEVANT, VERTICALLY INTEGRATED LITHIUM REFINER,
    IS WHAT WILL MAKE SAYONA A GLOBAL POWERHOUSE.

If you ask me, they are not thinking BIG enough.
    They should be going as BIG as possible at Moblan.

BL, please take a page out of PLS's book...expansion, expansion, expansion,
    and as the cash rolls in they have recently stated-

Money for Jam.....

Good luck everyone....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.6¢
Change
0.005(16.1%)
Mkt cap ! $339.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.2¢ 3.6¢ 3.2¢ $1.891M 56.46M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 2351794 3.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.6¢ 1417185 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.09pm 30/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.