SYA 5.36% 3.0¢ sayona mining limited

General Discussion Topics, page-84487

1. 12,830 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15644
    Yeah , the Ocean can be very unforgiving with its force.

I have been going to the back beaches of Australia since I arrived here in my mid to late 20's and was always a strong swimmer. I had done all my Life Saving levels in Canada as well was swimming competitively in the 70's & 80's and did my ACUC diving levels as well.

But everything they say about the rips and what to do is ALL true. And what you and the other person did was exactly correct. It's about looking after each other in ' Numbers ' where possible. And investing is to a certain degree no different as you often need to be calm and patient while treading water before going full tilt into swimming mode.

I know what you mean though with your experience as I was out at Gunnamatta in 2021 as we came out of that last lock-down and were once again able to enjoy a day at the beach and surf.

As I was pending my surgery at that time and somewhat out of shape compared to my norm in terms of puff , I got dragged very quickly out the left side by a rip. It was only seconds , and I found myself way way outside of the flags drifting strongly out.

I had lost my strap and board which was in the end better positioned to me , and was left bobbing with my head popping up up these huge swells and thought ......O.K this is it , I'm a goner here as nobody can really see me fully for moments in time.

I could see my Daughter noticed me and was screaming Dad ......Dad.....and I could just barely hear the lifeguards whistle's going off in the brisk winds that were seemingly engulfing the swells and current. .

In the end I managed to angle myself appropriately and sidestroke intermittently on an angle I thought would work. I too was freaking exhausted . I was really stuffed.

But I managed to get myself close enough to have a bit of reprieve and it was actually my Daughter who reached out and grabbed my hand . So I know what that look on her face and what mine to her must have meant at that moment. It was scary.

Now imagine what it would be like if you had to save someone other than yourself , and those someones were your own flesh and blood. The sheer desperation and anguish would be incredible.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.0¢
Change
0.002(5.36%)
Mkt cap ! $298.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.7¢ 3.0¢ 2.6¢ $785.5K 27.52M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
20 6001543 2.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.0¢ 7438857 58
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.51pm 06/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.