SYA 0.00% 3.1¢ sayona mining limited

And just a bit of backfilling and tidying up of ' speculative '...

1. 12,830 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15644
    And just a bit of backfilling and tidying up of ' speculative ' information concerning Guy's Chilean / Argentinian trip before we head into the highly anticipated Monday's trading session.

I'll try to make this post shorter than my previous one which was still NOT my in progress Chapter TWO or THREE spoken about some weeks ago...rolleyes.png. ( still pending ....)

Anyway , with respect to the Canadian Governments Divestment Order to Chengze Lithium International regarding its 19.35% stake in Lithium Chile Inc.

According to the Act and section 25.4(1) relating to the ' Prescribed Period ' . The period is supposed to begin on the day in which the Minister refers the Investment to the Governor ' In Council ' , and then which then ends 20 days after that.

Now irrespective of the fact that Lithium Chile acknowledged receipt of the order on Monday 7th November which obviously occurred AFTER the Government announced it on the 2nd of November.

So if we just stick with the 2nd November as the effective date the Order to Divest was sent to the Non-Canadian Chinese entity , that would bring it up to approximately Tuesday the 22nd of November allowing for the ' Public ' holiday of remembrance day on the 11th of November.

So if it was the 7th being used and the same day Lithium Chile received their ' COPY ' ( which I doubt ) - That would bring the 20 days hypothetically to Saturday 27th of November where clearly NO action could possibly be taken in fulfilling such an order.

So from there , the National Security provisions of the Canada Investment Act provides under the ' Extension ' provisions section 25.3(7) , an additional 45 days after that first 20 day period.

Applying this 45 days and allowing for the 3 public holiday days of Christmas , Boxing Day and New Years , that would bring the Action to Divest Chengze's stake to Monday the 9th of January 2023. Of course this would be Saturday 14th January 2023 if Monday the 7th of November was the effective ' Start Date ' for the order.

If they then are required to lodge another extension due the fact we have yet to hear anything further with respect to this order . I think we can then assert the notion that we can now expect they are taking some sort of legal challenge ( which they stated they were exploring - good luck with that right ) , and would therefore request a further additional 45 days extension which would take it up to Thursday 23rd of February.

What I guess is interesting here is that if you add the additional 5 days to the 23rd , you almost MAGICALLY arrive at the last day of February being Tuesday 28th February and exactly the day before the ' Official ' commencement date of NAL production on the 1st March.

For me , it would almost be way too convenient for Sayona to not only announce its ' Official ' production start date but to ALSO announce the taking on of this 19.35% stake in Lithium Chile Inc.

It is interesting though , that for the last TWO trading sessions , Lithium Chile's SP performance has been dead flat with ZERO movement whatsoever with MOST of its recent 33.33% spike coming from the 5th January to the 11th January ( right in that zone of expected 9th Jan ) .

So then LITH's SP then almost coincidentally eases off 11.84% exactly on the next session available from the Friday 13th January where it had just POPPED 4.11% to then give up the 11.84% from Monday 16th January to Thursday 19th January AND AFTER the first 45 day extension period on the divestment order would have expired.

Then of course , the SP more or less trades sideways to flat since then., and which would indicate to me that the Market is happy to just sit pat in ' Anticipating ' mode until the next political move rather than say back anything specific on the outcome of which way the news ends up falling.

Anyway , I reckon it's something to keep a watchful eye on if anyone can add anything further with regards to scheduled Court Hearing dates slotted by Chengze.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $313.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.1¢ 3.2¢ 3.0¢ $394.8K 12.76M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
112 27299778 3.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.1¢ 3398354 22
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.30pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.