SYA 0.00% 3.3¢ sayona mining limited

General Discussion Topics, page-87945

1. 945 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 175

From what I can see this speculation many are engaged in regarding NAL and the 2 companies has been caused by a contract that was not water tight at the time of agreement. In other words, there is room for both parties to argue one way or the other on certain aspects. BL would have known pretty soon after making the deal that the $900 ceiling was a big fk up on his (and the SYA Board’s part) and would have been looking at ways to minimise the damage.

I think it is generally agreed that the way out is going upstream ASAP (not perfect but we will have paid our dues for the helping hand for purchasing NAL. For those that weren’t invested then, PLL were the billion dollar company with a contract with Tesla and the accompanying notoriety and SYA was the minnow (at least as MCs were concerned).

As far as I can tell the biggest point of contention is the timing of going upstream to chemical production from NAL. It makes sense for SYA to minimise the time (expediate associate FID which on the surface they appear to be doing, and it also makes financial sense for PLL to maximise the time to go upstream from NAL. I note that in Keith's most recent interview with the Rockstock boys when pressed he states that PLL will make a decision on FID "in a couple of years". So on this they are a world apart IMO. I think the issue is, does SYA require PLL agreement to proceed with the FID? Keith would have us believe that we do. As hundreds of millions of dollars are at stake, I can see this potentially going the way of legal advices and threats of court rulings. So I suspect the back slapping by both parties will end fairly shortly. Of course these polar positions will have and will be bringing them back to the table on the issue but can they find a happy medium? Time will tell. I can only hope that Keith is currently playing the straight bat until he can get his SP up, funding in for his hydroxide plant/s and then announce the negotiated arrangements with NAL (maybe wishful thinking)

Personally, I have no issue with Keith. I think he is a great company figure head, money man and company head. Shite it’d be great if BL had these attributes as he always appears so awkward in front of a camera IMO and I’m sure he’d know this and therefore reluctant to spruik unless he has too. Having said that he is fundamentally a mining operations man and project manager so I have confidence in his ability to do this critical part of his job. My bank balance largely has him to thank for that.

Just my 2 cents but happy to hear any alternate views?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $339.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.3¢ 3.4¢ 3.3¢ $136.8K 4.120M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
77 17983818 3.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.4¢ 6540727 36
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.57am 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.