SYA 3.13% 3.3¢ sayona mining limited

General Discussion Topics, page-92817

1. 3,079 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1159
    The balance of positions not sold is borrowed so could either be returned or sold short at a later date, not sure if there is a requirement to short once borrowed. I assume not but I honestly dont know.. Ill assume its left up to the shorter.
    There is also no immediate impact to share price until the short sellers opt to cover. There is no time limit on when this will happen.
    So to this extent the short aggregated sales could fall the 0% with no immediate impact on price and no SP recovery.
    Shorters would also love to target days like Monday & Tuesday this week to add to the aggregate. I would almost bet my left nut that if you check Monday & Tuesday T+4 when available you will see the total rise. Why wouldnt you add sell pressure on uncertain days and help drive the price down sneaky.png.

Shorts have no time limit on when they have to cover.

Given the market lately the shorts timed it well, you wouldnt really expect anything less from them. They usually live and breath share trading and reading the market and assessing market opportunities. Its always a big hope that shorts are wrong, they dont always get it right but they would get it right more often than wrong or else probability says it wouldnt be a useful profiteering strategy (ie people wouldnt do it).

As for when they cover, even if the market drops off shorts will have to cover at some point so as said yesterday its a buffer to our support levels (buy to cover). The longer they leave it (pending no further macro issues) the more risk they have of a squeeze and losing profit margins. This is mainly because we are now in production so our cashflow should hopefully soon follow (IMO).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.3¢
Change
0.001(3.13%)
Mkt cap ! $339.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.3¢ 3.4¢ 3.2¢ $723.3K 21.93M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
182 43325841 3.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.3¢ 2030189 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.