SYA 3.13% 3.3¢ sayona mining limited

General Discussion Topics, page-93466

1. 12,830 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15644
    That's obviously one way to reconcile it in your mind. However if this were true then they ( BOA ) , and or their clients would have to have a view on the stock to want to sell it short . So they are not happy with something . Question is what.

I'm thinking as well as a more alternative reason the short % is so high , and probably talking more of the retail holders who are ' leveraging ' up their lending portfolios and using the fact that they can ' Borrow ' at an LVR against their Sayona holdings which means this stock effectively becomes security for the Brokerage house who is lending against it.

So if there is a ' shake out ' in the overall global markets , they would in turn be Margin called when it slips below the LVR ratio , but would still most likely NOT sell their SYA but some of the other holdings they might be punting on.

Bottom line in either of these scenarios is that the ' House ' still holds their stock as security for whatever level of lending they still have....and this will only change if there is a ' deleveraging ' event which squeezes the liquidity and shakes all this ' exuberance out of the market ......which by the look of things ,its trying to do right now.

If we were to drop out of the ASX200 , our LVR may in fact drop from perhaps a current 80% to maybe 70 , or at worst 60% which wouldn't change the situation much unless the leveraging parties are losing badly and being margin called along this volatile markets journey we're on....and to the point they actually sell their physical Sayona shares which would then be scooped up by other more opportunistic investors.

And I guess we don't really know how many Sayona shares are being ' Forcibly ' sold by Investors Brokers who are highly leveraged and under pressure. And in this market , I'm not even sure that the Brokers would cross these sales to hold the Short position from effectively increasing because it was so high to start with. So the SP almost in this situation because a defacto hostage to a vicious almost seemingly out of control ' Death ' spiral.

How do you stop it? Well that is the $64 million dollar questions. More BUY recommendations from reputable analysts covering the stock , more accretive deals in the absence of our own news , and of course more timely resources expansion results to back up what at this stage are only words in the eyes of the market who may feel its just more of the same from in many ways an ' incompetent ' management group who are either constrained from marketing and promoting themselves better or simply don't know how to .

I mean it's not rocket science though and all they have to do is watch what others are doing. Even Jourdan as bad as those results are on paper , at least they got them out into the market AFTER they raised from shareholders. Smart move really , because I don't reckon they would have got the money had they posted them first.

So now Sayona just raised and took $54 million from Canadian Investors.... so wouldn't you think they actually owe it to those investstors to now report something favorable so that they actually REMAIN as investors .....or at least interested.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.3¢
Change
0.001(3.13%)
Mkt cap ! $339.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.3¢ 3.4¢ 3.2¢ $723.3K 21.93M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
182 43325841 3.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.3¢ 2030189 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.