SYA 4.44% 4.3¢ sayona mining limited

General Discussion Topics, page-132074

1. 3,069 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1120
    Admittedly I am a dummy myself and had to look up what a block trade entails:

What Is a Block Trade?

A block trade is a large, privately negotiated securities transaction.1 Block trades are arranged away from public markets to lessen the effect on the security's price.2 They are usually carried out by hedge funds and institutional investors via investment banks and other intermediaries, though high-net-worth accredited investors may also be eligible to participate.1

Understanding Block Trades

A bulk-sized sell order placed on a stock exchange may have an outsized effect on the share price. In contrast, while a block trade negotiated privately will often provide a discount to the market price for the buyer, it will not inform other market participants about the additional supply until the transaction has been publicly recorded.

Block trades not yet publicly disclosed are considered material non-public information, and the financial industry's self-regulatory organization, FINRA, prohibits the disclosure of such information as front running.5

Block trading facilities and block houses are specialized intermediaries that can facilitate block trades. Block houses are departments within brokerages that operate dark pools, private exchanges where large buy and sell orders can be matched out of public view.6 Block houses can also break up large trades on public markets to conceal the scope of additional supply, for example by placing numerous iceberg orders.

Ok, so what I really want to know now is, who is the acquirer? Which we will find out in time if they maintain a substantial holding as it will be notified to the market as required under ASX listing rules.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.3¢
Change
-0.002(4.44%)
Mkt cap ! $442.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.4¢ 4.5¢ 4.2¢ $1.270M 29.45M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1599999 4.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.4¢ 2841295 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
4.4¢
  Change
-0.002 ( 3.12 %)
Open High Low Volume
4.4¢ 4.5¢ 4.2¢ 20812014
Last updated 15.59pm 04/06/2024 ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.