SYA 10.4% 5.3¢ sayona mining limited

Look what i found was only like a few years ago! And they are at...

1. 3,746 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 187

Look what i found was only like a few years ago! And they are at it again!

Altura Mining - It's Dead And Gone, Bankrupt

Altura Mining (OTCPK:ALTAF)

This isn't what we expect from a company that has gone bust.

Altura(Altura Mining share price from Seeking Alpha)

But Altura has gone bust, properly so, resoundingly so. Those movements in the stock price are from that new sport of speculating upon near anything as with Wirecard and Hertz.

There are no fundamental reasons to have anything at all to do with this stock. It is, of course, possible to bet and speculate but that's all that is being done. Further, if one is betting at random then one is likely to be taken advantage of by more informed players in that speculation. Other than those wishing to bet on the turn of a coin this is not a stock to be playing in.

This is compounded by the fact that it's foreign quoted (Australia) and only just over the $100 million definition of being a microcap. Oh, and, obviously, the fact that it's bust.

There is though an interesting lesson here for us all. Even being in the right sector, a sexy sector like lithium right now, doesn't guarantee success. Those old fundamentals of cashflow and basic value do, always, reassert themselves.

The story

The basic thing we need to know is that Altura is bust. It's also not going to revive without a significant recapitalisation and that would mean a large dilution. The chances of such a recapitalisation are extremely low as there's not actually much left within the corporate shell.

Altura used to run a lithium mine - something we'll get to in a moment - but that has been sold. Lock, stock and barrel, it is gone. The money from that will pay off trade and other creditors and it's most, most, unlikely that there will be anything left for equity holders. The liquidators tell us

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.3¢
Change
0.005(10.4%)
Mkt cap ! $545.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.9¢ 5.6¢ 4.8¢ $36.50M 691.2M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 250000 5.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.4¢ 61908965 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.4¢
  Change
0.005 ( 11.6 %)
Open High Low Volume
4.9¢ 5.6¢ 4.8¢ 77186782
Last updated 16.00pm 17/05/2024 ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.