SYA 2.70% 3.6¢ sayona mining limited

Its a bit unfortunate that we keep getting sucked into these...

1. 1,919 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 698
    Its a bit unfortunate that we keep getting sucked into these index related price actions, and/or block trades and they have caught us out a few times now.
    I, for one thought that we would kick on after this weekend and posted so. Then i found out the activity was around a rebalance. I didnt remove my confident post.
    I've had egg on my face twice now in the last 8 weeks due to rebalancing acts. Truth be told, I hinged my theory on a chart this time.
    So when I look now, today and think, ok, we may be heading back to 3s.. say, 3.8 and ask myself why? Because absolutely nothing has changed fundamentally since we were sitting at 3.2c, bar some NAL drill results (good ones, at that). We have a similar Lithium price, in fact just marginally lower. We still have Moblan drill results due, we are still sniffing out funding, and we still have a cash burn rate of $58m/aud per quarter... as you are only as good as your last quarter. Yes, the market is forward looking, but obviously there isnt enough info out there for any of these crusading short sellers to go "sh*t, SYA look like seriously bridging this production cost/sales price differential. Perhaps we are taking more risk now at $400m MC?.
    That for me is going to be the first real catalyst. Just punching in some figures at the end of Q2 that START to look like we are going to last more than 2 quarters without tapping into more shareholders.

We've been faked out twice now by unnatural price surges in the form of block trades and rebalances. Massive volumes of shares traded, not because large volume holders have seen it as a profitable opportunity, they have done it because they have had to. You cant chart that. Anyone drawing a line over these events and saying we are in a "bullish uptrend", well SYA has got you by the curlies again.
    We are right where we were 3 weeks ago with the same ambitions, the same results due, the same funding required, the same JV partner that for the life of me has not got a good thing to offer but the security of two offtakes which still only take spod off us at a cost to SYQ... so really nothing at all. And the sour taste left behind after realising they had been allowing their shares to be lent to decimate the value and sentiment attached to our once glorius product. Not even good for a F.I.D on the one frigging thing we bought NAL for.. a cheap carbonate refinery offering stout margins. Part of the grand plan from the get-go.

My opinion... and I'm going to lay it on the line again, is if you were sucked into this short lived reversal, and you paid 5c... dont stress. I truly believe we will be worth over 5c again and not far away. But its going to be actual facts and numbers that get us there and keep us there next time. Its going to be a profitable business unit that does it. We got the skills to do it. We have got the concentrator to do it. And now it appears we got the Li grades to do it, and do it for longer than we originally thought. We now have a facility that can on paper, deliver a low cost spod. Like a footy team that looks good on paper, we now have to translate it to the scoreboard.
    Annoyed with JB or not, he has got the skillset to get the one thing over the line that we have the physical power to do so, to add value back to SYA. Produce profitable concentrate.

I dont think anyone should be embarrassed if they bought SYA at 5c on this short lived reversal. There are some brilliant minds that have invested in this stock over many years that you would find most likely felt this should have kicked on after last week also. And they shouldn't be embarrassed either.
    We will get up there again. It wasnt this time, but it wont be far away, IMO. Go long and stay strong.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.6¢
Change
-0.001(2.70%)
Mkt cap ! $370.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.7¢ 3.8¢ 3.6¢ $827.3K 22.47M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
49 7146787 3.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.7¢ 1722440 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
3.7¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 1.60 %)
Open High Low Volume
3.7¢ 3.8¢ 3.7¢ 11169403
Last updated 15.57pm 14/06/2024 ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.