IHL 0.00% 4.1¢ incannex healthcare limited

General discussion, page-12754

1. 933 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1446
    We’ve talked about GW Pharma a lot on this thread and for good reason because their drug Epidiolex was the first genuine breakthrough in main stream CBD based medicine for Dravet syndrome, an Epilepsy orphan condition affecting children.

Originally founded in the UK (Dublin) they listed on NASDAQ in 2016 and initially got belted into results before rallying 140 percent. After the rally the company was valued at US$1.7 billion.

Fast forward to 2021 and Jazz Pharma launched a successful bid for the company at US$7.2 billion ($220 per share) for one CBD drug, Epidiolex.

The point is, the market doesn’t always get it right initially.

The clinical results published by GW Pharma didn’t get immediate recognition and shareholders could have bought the stock under US$40. Does that sound familiar?

Ultimately Jazz paid US$200 cash plus US$20 in stock. And the articles I’ve read suggest they under-paid based on the opportunity that drug has created for Jazz.

If you think the market is always right then you’ll be wrong more often than you think. You can’t be a lemming and just following the noise, you have to do some work and understand what you’re invested in.

The IHL results are outstanding IMO. I think I’ll be proved correct but DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IHL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.