IHL 0.00% 4.1¢ incannex healthcare limited

Understandably there’s been a huge emphasis on disrupting the...

1. 149 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 319
    Understandably there’s been a huge emphasis on disrupting the OSA market with IHL-42X, and it’s certainly a massive opportunity. However, I haven’t seen any commentary from the company on heart disease.

Obstructive sleep apnea has long been associated with increased risk of cardiovascular issues, including heart attack and stroke. I just read an NIH-funded study that was attempting to understand the mechanism involved in heart issues for OSA sufferers. They determined that a reduction in blood oxygen levels is the leading factor.

You might recall that reduced oxygen uptake is a key component of the pathology of OSA. In the most recent OSA trials, Incannex collected data on oxygen desaturation index (ODI). All three doses of IHL-42X reduced ODI compared to baseline to a greater extent than placebo. And for low and medium dose IHL-42X the difference in reduction in ODI relative to baseline compared to placebo was statistically significant (p<0.05). In other words, there was more oxygen in the subject’s blood during sleep while taking IHL-42X.

If the phase 2, 3 pivotal trials are successful then IHL-42X could be a block buster drug for the treatment of OSA. However, I think there’s also the potential opportunity for it to be given to even mild OSA patients as a potential preventative treatment for heart disease. These are significant market opportunities, particularly here in the States.

Thoughts?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IHL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.