IHL 0.00% 4.1¢ incannex healthcare limited

General discussion, page-560

1. 10,266 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2805
    Heavens to Betsy, if I wasn't already excited about the ARDS trial, I've just come across the following - a hypothesis letter describing the potential of cannabidiol in the treatment of COVID‐19 (British Journal of Pharmacology) - there's a guy on Twitter with handle @TomSpeed420 who is really pro medicinal CBD and often posts gems like this.

Once you enter the web site, click on the PDF:-
    https://bpspubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/bph.15157

"We suggest the hypothesis that Cannabidiol (CBD), a non‐psychotropic phytocannabinoid, has the potential to limit the severity and progression of [covid-19] for several reasons:

1) High‐CBD Cannabis Sativa extracts are able to downregulate the expression of the two key receptors for SARS‐CoV2 in several models of human epithelia

2) CBD exerts a wide range of immunomodulatory and anti‐inflammatory effects and it can mitigate the **uncontrolled cytokine production** featuring Acute Lung Injury

3) Being a PPARγ agonist, it can display a **direct antiviral activity**

4) PPARγ agonists are regulators of fibroblast/myofibroblast activation and can inhibit the development of pulmonary fibrosis, thus ameliorating lung function in recovered patients. We hope our hypothesis, corroborated by several preclinical evidence, will inspire further targeted studies to test CBD as a support drug against the COVID‐19 pandemic."

Enter IHL!

So...

CBD is ANTIVIRAL.
    CBD can reduce ACE2 receptor expression
    CBD lowers the "cytokine storm" (the excess immune response that's killing people!)

I think I'm going to need a XANAX and a lie downbiggrin.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IHL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.