MRQ 0.00% 0.4¢ mrg metals limited

General discussion, page-888

1. 2ic
    5,784 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4782
    Apologies for calling your post out, it's not usually my style. The original post of an article about 'the world is running out of sand' was made by my bullish antagonist from memory, but to see it followed up with a serious question was just shocking to read.

Long term readers understand my history here, interest in the project and a principled stance not to be run off the thread simply for being bearish. The harder some pressured me to leave the more I dug my heals in is the simple answer. Having come up to speed with the project, each new release only takes minutes to digest. Knowing I was digging in for a long term battle with my reputation on the line meant I saved every link, diagram and table for future reference. I know the project as well as you can outside the tent. I've enjoyed learning plenty about East African min sands, remembered much I thought I'd forgotten, have no regrets on the time spent.

Mineral sand deposits seems simple enough at first glance, but reality is the interplay of ore types, mining methods, assemblage, mineral processing, recoveries, product qualities in itself makes each deposit complex and quite unique. Overlying that is the ultra completive mineral sands industry, dominated by a few players with deep pockets and their own future deposits to mine. Most wannnabe min sand developers are sitting on deposits that have tried and failed to be developed over decades, waiting for the right price cycle and timing to jump the queue and get funded. STA are having another crack at funding Coburn which failed the first time a decade ago when the company was GUN. BSE are trying to fund Tolliara which a decade ago was trying to be developed by World Titanium Resources. Against the many historic known projects (like Corrdior that was first drilled out in the 80-90s) there are always new discoveries like SVM's Malawi rutile play, TSL's Sri Lanka play, Blue Jay Mining's Dundas project in Greendland etc. It's a tough game to break into....

Very few will admit it but most who read my posts will leave here knowing a lot more than when they arrived. I'm obviously very confident that MRQ's Corridor project is way too low margin and far down the pecking order to get funded in my lifetime. What upsets the bulls imo is substantiating those views with research and explanation, credible bearish opinion hurts where baseless trolling and downramps can be laughed off. I'm testing my judgement against the company's and other poster's opinions, time will tell who is right.

Every stock is balanced between believers and doubters, buyers and sellers at a clearing price. The market obviously thinks 1c is about right and has done for a while. Trade or invest however you like, perhaps I'm wrong, I just ask you consider negative opinions with respect and learn what you're investing in before taking on risk. Unless the market corrects I think MRQ will have at least one more run on Linhuane being granted, then another CR. Playing that trade looks OK, but I couldn't recommend holding to test the old RIO open file auger holes....

good luck

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MRQ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $10.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.3¢ $16.85K 4.672M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
31 60221599 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 11370528 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MRQ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.