CGB 0.00% 2.1¢ cann global limited

General Discussion

1. 3,010 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1916
    AN OPINION PIECE [Note: I respect and understand that HC encourages posters to comment in forums whether they hold/have held stock, are Day Traders, Mid or LT traders or are bystanders who simply want to comment on a company and its business.]

As a CGB shareholder with significant skin in the game, I wish to state that I strongly disagree with many of the posts that appear to continually criticize the company, its management, the Directors and any new deals. This is just my viewpoint and an opinion.

I have become genuinely concerned that a predominantly ‘negative’ *bias 'appears' to occupy this forum, collectively affecting sentiment, in my opinion, to the detriment of ignoring the significant value of many of the deals that this company has signed over the past 2.5 years.

From my own career experience in Social Media (Arts & Humanities), I believe that there are inherent dangers whenever any social discussion adopts or is limited to a single bias viewpoint. The mood of any forum can be strongly influenced when intensifiers like ‘money loss’ and ‘anger’, or, ‘greed and personal gain’ are added to the mix. This has the potential to influence people to avoid seeking out the facts when making their life/purchasing decisions. A recent example I saw was in a SM post where the word “greed” was attributed to a rising company bank balance. Could that also be viewed as 'cash preservation'?

From my experience and observation, I have noticed that when facts are presented, which might provide answers to questions, but may disagree with the long-term ‘single bias’ viewpoint, that information tends to be exposed to ‘repetitive’ scrutiny and seems to have run the risk of being ignored or dismissed as “it didn’t answer my question”, or “the questions have never been answered”. My worry then is that live streaming populist commentary actually favours 'opinion' over 'validated fact'. The resultant outcome: 'Facts' loses credibility and 'sentiment' tends to favour the populist commentary.

Re going to the EGM with questions: I believe any shareholder who has a significant investment in the company (CGB) should take that opportunity to go to the public meeting to get answers and confirm their investment holdings.

Shareholders are free to consider the following:
    1. Has the company (CGB) had an open or shut policy with its shareholder communications policy?
    2. Has the company (CGB) provided regular updates to market to keep shareholders informed?
    3. Has the company (CGB) shown a willingness to listen to and help shareholders?

I would encourage people to properly go through the announcements made by the company (CGB), and take some time to weigh up all the facts measured against any commentary on Social Media. Public commentary is only a viewpoint…just like this post.

*Biases Make People Vulnerable to Misinformation Spread by Social Media
    “..the fact that low-credibility content spreads so quickly and easily suggests that people and the algorithms behind social media platforms are vulnerable to manipulation.”
    https://www.scientificamerican.com/...ble-to-misinformation-spread-by-social-media/

"This is an opinion only and should not be relied upon or taken as investment advice. DYOR and fact check all content."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CGB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.