CMM 2.32% $4.86 capricorn metals ltd

General Discussion, page-4

1. 1,611 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 225
    Cryptocurrency has me baffled.

The fanatics are now lauding themselves as having claimed the "ultimate safe haven asset" crown from gold.....I know - right?

They argue that it is finite as opposed to gold. They don't talk about how there is only one gold though. They don't mention how there are now hundreds of cryptocurrencies in competition with each other for the investor's dollar.

They have barely 10 years of price data to base their "safe haven asset" class off. And in that 10 years the concentration of whales has been increasing. The volatility.....? Well, doesn't really scream safe-haven to me.

They also forget to mention how wildly unregulated the trading environment still is in cryptoland

Or how many hacks, heists, fines, have occurred in that decade compared in $ proportionate terms to major gold heists over the centuries.

Gold can be recovered if it is physically destroyed eg gold bar blown up by dynamite. It may cost a lot to find all the fragments but we can all agree that it ultimately can be recovered. In cryptoland coins are digital and can be stored privately in an offline wallet. This can be a USB stick with millions of $ worth of crypto on it. It can be physically destroyed and the crypto if not backed up elsewhere is destroyed forever. Which of course means that if Cryptowhale1 discovers the physical location of Cryptowhale2's offline crypto wallet.... and steals/destroys it(same effect) the market share of Cryptowhale1's holdings increases.....logically he/she would destroy it so as not to be traced. If you "backup" your crypto holdings for a start you are contradicting the much adored "decentralisation" mantra but more importantly you are open to being hacked/robbed. Easy to see an end game me thinks

I just think they might be getting ahead of themselves a little

MicroStrategy CEO Explains Why Bitcoin Is ‘a Million Times Better’ Than ‘Antiquated’ Gold

https://www.coindesk.com/microstrategy-ceo-bitcoin-better-than-antiquated-gold

I don't hold any crypto

These are just my thoughts - not investment advice

GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CMM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.86
Change
0.110(2.32%)
Mkt cap ! $1.834B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.82 $4.94 $4.79 $4.937M 1.013M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3043 $4.86

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.88 506 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$4.88
  Change
0.110 ( 2.44 %)
Open High Low Volume
$4.84 $4.94 $4.79 191333
Last updated 15.59pm 02/05/2024 ?
CMM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.