LMG 2.08% 4.7¢ latrobe magnesium limited

general discussion, page-1236

1. 5,948 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 371
    what value do you think we could see 5-10 years out if all is successful? $5.00 per share ?

If I knew that I wouldn't tell you.

Current facts 1.6 billion LMG shares

From Google: The five largest nickel mines, i.e.,
    Kola MMC Mine,
    Sorowako Mine,
    Taganito Mine,
    Rio Tuba Mine, and
    Cerro Matoso Mine, cumulatively produced approximately 388.3 thousand tonnes of nickel,in 2021.

Each has a refinery...
    producing 1 ton of Ni in a flash smelting furnace or electric arc furnace generating around 6–16 tons of slag. The ores mainly used for Ni production are high-magnesium Ni oxides ores, which result in a large amount of Mg in the Ni slag. typically 24.9%–33.1% MgO.
    The elimination of oxygen (Mol.wt 16) means Mg with Mol.wt of 24 .3 means 60%

Putting all together
    Back of envelope suggests that there is (388,300 Ni x 10 tonnes (say) slag) x 30% MgO (say) x 60% means LMG has potential cleanup potential market that would, if 100% eventually went through LMG technology, produce 698,940 tonnes of Mg production per year which interestingly is about half as much Mg metal that China produces per year.

There is no way LMG will own much of that infrastructure but will be earning royalty payment for licensing the technology typically 5%.
    Pick your own Mg Pricing but say AUD 4861 per tonne currently x 5% x 698,940 is absolute best case of AUD169.9 million p.a.
    If you like dividends then post tax revenue is say AUD.119 million (post 30% tax) then with 1.6 bn shares currently the top of the top most is
    7 cents per share.

But wait..there is more.

....what about the cementitious material,silica, char, iron oxide and calcium carbonate sales? This is difficult to assess because refineries are all over the planet and local demand will vary hugely. Shipping etc has its costs also. From memory I believe these products added about a third to revenue.

All in all, best case dividend about 10 cents.

Walletinvestor.com came up with a share price of 27.7 cents in 2028. That is about a 3.6 x current over 5 years (answering your original question) then perhaps 20-50-100 years of dividends as Nickel is never going out of fashion nor run out in our lifetime.

Assuming everything in nominal (current) prices i.e. no inflation.

The only way to $5 is by consolidation of those 1.6bn shares out there.

That's my take if others want to have a slash you are welcome.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.7¢
Change
-0.001(2.08%)
Mkt cap ! $103.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.6¢ 4.8¢ 4.6¢ $49.09K 1.047M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 64217 4.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.7¢ 90574 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.