LMG 2.08% 4.7¢ latrobe magnesium limited

Couple of additional points.1. The Demo plant is more than just...

1. 1,816 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 383
    Couple of additional points.
    1. The Demo plant is more than just a large scale laboratory process. It is to proof up at commercial scale, so as well as looking at the hydromet process at scale it will also evaluate the economics. It's at that point that you can produce some serious reliable numbers.

2. Investors will be mainly at the expression of interest stage until the demo plant demonstrates commercial viability. That given, we will see some serious movement if they know the process works at the thousands of tons level. It's at that point that there could be a take-over. While the patents may only be for 20 or 25 years as a first mover they can produce a lot of Mg in that time and will have the know how for production optimisation.

3. In that presentation link I posted today, DP stated that they will need 10 tons of fly ash to produce one ton of Mg. They will need 6 tons of Ni slag to produce 1 ton of Mg. The Ni-Slag is really the big money machine. I suspect one of the reasons they are looking at Sarawak for the 100,0000tpa is its close proximity to Indonesia which could supply Ni slag for many decades.

4.Don't forget the by-products - SCM. That material is significant revenue earner.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.7¢
Change
-0.001(2.08%)
Mkt cap ! $103.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.6¢ 4.8¢ 4.6¢ $49.09K 1.047M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 64217 4.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.7¢ 90574 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.