LMG 2.08% 4.7¢ latrobe magnesium limited

A few thoughts... I think it important at this stage of...

1. 4,180 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1113

A few thoughts...

I think it important at this stage of "Development", to remember that delivery of equipment, fitment of systems, on-the-hop problem solving, etc, is progression towards the completion of the demonstration plant construction. Progress according to a schedule that has relatively remained unchanged since February this year.

I do not believe there will be any monumental moments of discovery to be had during this period of establishment (Regarding the demonstration plant) . There is no ground breaking news due regarding the tech, offtakes, partnerships or finance. We have sufficient feedstock, approvals, plant, tech, finance, etc.

The obviously exception is the expected news regarding the stages of plant commissioning. I would think that as each stage is successfully delivered and announced (I hope via ASX released Project Updates), there will be building/escalating interest in the project, exhibited in the share price.

Whilst I do not like the LinkedIn and Twitter centric trickle of titbits (Often a regurgitation of old news), there is not a great deal of substantive news to expect from LMG regarding the demonstration plant in the interim. It is to be expected, in my opinion, that until news is released regarding the phase of commissioning and/or approvals, agreements, finance, etc for the 10,000tpa+, trickles of minor significance are to be expected.

The demonstration plant is not a commercial plant. (LMG have reported that they believe the demonstration plant with be "break-even")
    The demonstration plant is to demonstrate technology and process at scale and we have a date for its forecast completion.

I have long believed that the final commissioning of the demonstration plant and then news of the first trial runs, announcing LMG is producing magnesium ingots, will be the catalyst for a significant turn s.p momentum.

The10,000tpa (Plus) Commercial Production Plant construction is scheduled to concurrently/simultaneously commence within the same period of the demonstration plant proof of process. (I love the
    alliteration)

There is a significant amount of pending news regarding the 10,000tpa+ commercial plant due prior to the commencement of its construction. Therefore, it is an even greater likihood that the s.p growth will be further bolstered after the demonstion plant has delivered EARLY success, and at the same time, precursor news for the 10,000 tpa plant.
    So just as a reminder, the following are the pending news topics that I can recall. (Not in any order):

*As mentioned, the phases of the demonstration plant commissioning, with the completion of commissioning forecast for end of September.

*Report from the GHD study regarding recoverable volume of fly ash available from the Yallourn land fill.

*Local Government Development Approval for material change of use from 3000tpa capacity (Current capacity based upon an old development approval), upgraded to the final commercial plant capacity determined after analysing the GHD study results.

*EPA approval for a 10,000tpa (Plus) Commercial Plant, replacing the current approval for 3000tpa. The approval would require revised Environmental Impact Studies including soil, air, water, vegetation, noise, etc impacts, based upon the revised production goals.

*Revised fly ash feedstock agreement with Yallourn, based upon the revised available volumes reported by GHD and the determination by LMG.

*Notice regarding applications for funding the 10,O00 tpa+ plant, from the Critical Minerals Development Program and the Australian Manufacturing Fund.

*Potential funding support for the 10,000tpa+ plant that was offered from our offtake partner from Japanese "Advanced Metal Corporation".

*Final stage of the PFS for the Malaysia 100,000tpa plant.

* Later news, regarding a potential JV partnership for the Malaysia 100,000tpa plant and
    other major milestones such as site purchase for the plant, major offtakes, etc.
    Imo and dyor

Some other new information may come from:

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5380/5380437-cf037a9bf9ee9444ddcf1b46c1aad75d.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.7¢
Change
-0.001(2.08%)
Mkt cap ! $103.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.6¢ 4.8¢ 4.6¢ $49.09K 1.047M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 64217 4.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.7¢ 90574 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.