LMG 4.08% 5.1¢ latrobe magnesium limited

Mostly agree withyou comments on the above Ken,When I worked in...

1. 1,729 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 364
    Mostly agree withyou comments on the above Ken,
    When I worked in the Nickel industry in the 80's the Nickel price was at the mercy of Canada(Inco Ltd) and USSR. They would starve and flood the market and essentially control the price. After the 70's boom we saw mine closures in the 80's. What China is doing is no different to what the USA was doing in the late 80's manipulating the economy to engineer the downfall of USSR. It's what super powers do.

Looking at Mg and LMG, our stages 1 and 2 are insignificant in contect of global supply and demand. It's only when we get to stage 3 that there is significance. The subsiduary and plant will be in Sarawak. The Sarawak State of Malaysia is dotted with huge chinese investments. Note that about 30% of the Malaysian population is Chinese origin and they have huge influence on the economy, similar to Indonesia about who have about 10M people of Chinese origin(about 4% of population) who control most of the economy. This Cinese connection across Asian countries is often known as the Bamboo Network - family companies spread across Asia with family members heading up each country business. There is an excellent bok describing it; "The Bamboo Network - How the Expatriate Chinese Entrepreneures are Creating a new economic superpower in Asia" by Murray Weidenbaum and Samuel Hughes.

I'm curious to see if there will be a "Chinese investor" in stage 3 or whether the Western alliances(Australia, USA) counter to that investment. I just can't see the US or Australia backing stage 3. Australia is very inward looking and US investment in Asia has been at the higher end of manufacturing(in the Penang and Ipoh region. For shareholders a chinese investor would be excellent as we would have a ready made market but may raise the ire of Aust Govt. Then I would say to the Aust Govt - "put up or shut up". The most we could hope for from Aust Govt is tax rebates - and even then we seem to be struggling to secure that!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.1¢
Change
0.002(4.08%)
Mkt cap ! $98.75M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.0¢ 5.1¢ 4.9¢ $24.90K 496.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 304809 4.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.1¢ 457637 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.1¢
  Change
0.002 ( 2.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.0¢ 5.1¢ 4.9¢ 282043
Last updated 15.49pm 10/05/2024 ?
LMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.