FFX 0.00% 20.0¢ firefinch limited

General discussion, page-2518

1. 9,153 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8578
    @Red Baron ... I still think the next bottom in spodumene prices will be much higher than the lows in 2020, and sometime when a lot more conversion facilities are operating there will be lithium boom 3.
    I'm really expecting massive volatility in pricing over the next few years in different aspects of lithium, just because the overall growth is so fast. Plus come the next recession any fall in EV sales will have forecasters pointing fingers of overproduction in some aspect of the lithium chain.

If the current spodumene mines were all at full tilt, there would be a large surplus of Sc6 this year. Given more converters coming online all the time, then either late next year or 2024 would again see an under supply of Sc6 eventuate until Mt Holland, Kathleen Valley, Manono and/or Goulamina come online.

There will eventually be a much more orderly market, but while lithium is in it's infancy huge volatility in pricing should be expected. I would imagine Chris Ellison is chaffing at the bit to produce as much Sc6 as possible from Wodgina at anything over $800/t or perhaps even lower.
    MIN sold their PLS stake while the price was high. I wouldn't put it past him to try and crash the price of Sc6 so he could buy PLS back cheaply. That would effect everyone producer or developer...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FFX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.